Thursday, September 15

Another Late Night

 Going on about 1:45am here, and I find myself fairly wide awake once again. I have tried sleeping and gotten back up (so I would not keep the Wife awake). I have been messing around on the computer for the past hour or so, trying to tire myself out with anything that will make me tired. So far, nothing has really worked, though my eyes 'feel tired' my mind is wide awake. I even took some over the counter melotonin, as it is supposed to help make you feel a little more sleepy. Thos pills haven't worked any of the other times I have tried them either. Maybe I just need something stronger, but then I'd argue I don't want to be be so 'knocked out' I can't easily awake at a cerftain early hour if I need to, for work or whatever. Pros and cons, I guess.

That being griped about now, it is Thursday, and that means ... well, not a whole lot. The Project has continued into the week, and my estimate is it may go up to half a day tomorrow, if it doesn't wrap up today. Still no word if they will transfer to a current project, or just tell us to watch our emails for th start of a new one. I almost want to say wait for a new one, but I never know how long I may have to wait. Wouldn't mind a couple extra days off to clear my head from this project.

RM had sent home some stuff with my Wife the other day. It was some sugar-free cookies she had picked up - a few packages with 3-4 cookies of different flavors. aLso a book she had picked up when she and PT were on vacation up north last month. Seems the BnB they rented was this author's house she rented out, and the author had left a few signed copies there to purchase if interested. On the honor system I am sure. Well, RM loves to read, just doesn't seem to have the time for as much as she wants to read...anyways, she picked it up and read it while there and bought all the copies (I think she said it was like 4-5 copies) so she could give out to certain people. I am one of them.

So the cookies, made from a 'mom and pop' bakery called Shut My Mouth Bakery, I was a little leery of trying. I have in the past, and somewhat a little more recently, been trying some of the so-called sugar-free foods/drinks. The drinks are mostly water mixes, and aren't bad. The foods on the other hand ... seems many of those I have tried, leave a weird after-taste. Like a saccharine taste I remember from the old Tab sodas (remember those?). Well, I opened the White chocolate macadamian nut package (I love those from Subway) and they had that weird after taste. I gave the Snickerdoodles to the Youngest this afternoon (I don't care for that flavor) and he said they tasted fine to him. So maybe it is just the way they use ingredients, or something. I'll know in a few days after I open one of the other packs and try them.

Now this book, I got some really mixed up feelings on. I know RM reads here, so RM, know there are no hard/bad feelings about what I am going to say. I don't really like RM's selections of books for me. She knows I like different types of fiction ... fantasy or sci-fi more than others mostly. The only thing is I had asked her years ago to not buy me boooks anymore (for birthday or Christmas, etc). The reason being, was they were from the Christian book store, and always had a religious theme the author wanted to get across in some kind of made-up story. It was tiresome to read each book, even from different authors, that told the same basic story. Sometimes I swear it was like theonly thing changed were the character names, everything else was the same. Now I ain't blaming RM, she was making choices that she knew it was a better book to read than many on the market today, I am sure. And she always wants the best for her kids, especially about religion. Anyways, so this book is a maybe a bit different. According to the synopsis, it's about these two EMTs have some contact with a teen that survived a near-death incident and describes it to them. Then it goes into the whole 'spiuritual awakening' and 'why does God allow this type questions. Bonus .. the book is signed by the author, and you know how I like to collect books signed by the author. And because it is a real book, I'll have to figure out a time to sit and read it carefully to not crack the binding, get it dirty, etc - as it is a soft-bound book.

Welp, I managed to waste another twenty minutes or so with this post. Guess I will try to go lay back down and see if anything happens. MAy be back shortly. Who knows?

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Sorry about the cookies... I think white chocolate macadamia is your favorite....was hoping they'd taste ok. As for the book- I don't normally read THAT kind of book, but it held my interest.