Sunday, June 6

It's a Little Depressing

 Friday morning, The Wife packed several boxes and some clothes into her vehicle. Then she climbed in and drove away. I didn't see it, as I was back in our computer room playing Warcraft that morning. Maybe that was why she left me? Naw... she was headed down to Tucson to spend some extra time with the Daughter (Doodad was an added bonus). I don't want to over-share, but the Daughter had recently started to get the feeling of being overwhelmed, as some parents can relate to, in regards to being around young children with no adult interaction, or alone time, etc. So The Wife had decided she was going down to give Daughter more adult interaction. I didn't mind. The two younger Sons were going down with me on Saturday, as we had a concert we were attending then anyways.

So Saturday, as I said, the boys and I drove down about mid day. The Youngest played and entertained Doodad, the Middle Son sat and talked with the SIL about computer and board games they like. I pretty much sat on the couch and played some games on my tablet. The concert was a little early - about 6pm, so was over by 8'ish. Just The Wife, Daughter, Middle Son, and I attended (more adult time for Daughter). Place called the Gaslight Theater, and it was nice. Our table (yes, table seating) was 10 feet from the stage. You could order food/drinks (which I was happy about - stomach was growling, and I was thirsty). The group we watched was LoBros, who are local to the area. They were playing hits from groups that influence their music (Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Blood Sweat and Tears, etc) with that 70's kind of brass band sound. They also intermix classical music into other genres, like samba music. It was very entertaining, and very enjoyable. 

We did both drive home late into the night, arriving around 12:30. This morning found us sleeping in a little bit more than usual due to being a bit more tired - not so much of the late hour, but the driving, etc. Not much on today's agenda.

The Wife had made bread & butter pickles last week. Couple decent-sized Tupperware containers of, anyways. I was told I could have some before she left, but with the stipulation, I had to tell her which one tasted better. To answer that more fully, she had made two batches: one using a recipe from the internet she had found, the other being RM's recipe. I truly didn't get around to this taste-test, but Last night, The Wife brought out two smaller containers from the Daughter's fridge. The Wife brought them down for them to taste. So of course I had to do it as well. It was an easy taste test - I picked RM's within seconds of tasting the second option. It was distinctive in the taste. But we did agree the internet recipe were a bit crisper due to it being a recipe that only called for the mix to set in the fridge for 24 hours, versus RM's recipe is a heated mixture. RM still for the win though, IMO.

I didn't get much Doodad time yesterday. I am a little upset by it, but what can I expect? She is only 4 years old, and having a young uncle that can (and is willing) to run around with you, etc.... slow-moving Papaw is going to lose every time. I'll wait a couple more years when she will appreciate the time with me better, I guess.

Almost noon here, so I suppose I should ask the Wife what are plans for lunch. I know I'm hungry. For some reason got chicken sandwich with pickles on my mind this morning....

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

You brought a smile to my face! Glad you still like my B&B best. To make a little crisper, just don't cook as long in the microwave. The cooking is mainly for the onions. It was a newspaper recipe I found many years ago.... that is where I got it.