Sunday, March 26

Adjusting Just Fine

I've been in my new position at work now for nearly a month now. Things are going well. I think I have adjusted pretty well to the earlier hours. Enough that at least when I can sleep in, I still wake up around 5am without the alarm. This last week was seemingly long due to the parts driver (my previous position) was out two days, and the other gal I work with also was out two days. But I think I handled things pretty good even have to do more than my job position.

Was out last night to a pub I had not been to in awhile. Found out one of the guys I played softball with many years ago had committed suicide just the other day. He was one heck of a nice guy, and loved his twin boys very much. Still hard to believe he just walked out in the parking lot and put a bullet in his head. I'm a bit baffled by it all. Another friend was saying that there were some depression issues going on, but I had not seen the him for at least a couple years.... so would have had no clue about that.

Another friend of mine has been diagnosed with ALS, and given a remainder of life time of 3-6 months. My buddy Jan flew out last weekend to Illinois to be with Bill, the one with ALS. Together they were going to travel to the Football Hall of Fame in Ohio for a one last road trip together.

Received a phone call Thursday I think it was.... or maybe Friday, morning. Seems my Grandpa is not doing well. Grandma had passed away back in January. Seems he isn't eating and has caught some sort of virus. Doctors say it is similar to the symptoms he had a couple years ago with a bout of pneumonia. Only this time they are not sure if he will be able to fight it off. Without Grandma there, he may just lose the will to continue on.

On the plus side, the Daughter is due in just over three weeks. The Wife is going down to their place for two weeks nearer the due date. Thank goodness I have the Older Son to help get the boys to school. I imagine several days of eating out during those two weeks. Or several Ramen noodle nights....

PeacE

No comments: