Tuesday, March 28

Some Weeks Just Suck

I had barely started work when Sis texted me that my Grandpa had passed that morning. Great start to a Monday. I am mixed with emotions even now as to what I should be feeling. Sad, obviously as a bit of grieving is in order. Happy, because he has moved on to be with Dad, Grandma, and Uncle Earl, plus the stress the uncles were under in with him at the retirement manor, managing things, etc. Needless to say, I was not planning on flying back to Indiana for the funeral, which is this weekend. Sis and Stuman are going.

Of course, today is Tuesday, and let's throw another zinger my way! Tonight on the way home from work, my check engine light came on, flashing. Felt a stuttering-type through the car (I was on the highway doing 60'ish). For a few miles I debated pulling over and shutting it off, but was worried if I did, I would not be able to re-start the car. So, may not have been the brightest thing, but I exited the freeway and took surface streets headed to my area of town. At red lights I had to shift into neutral due to some rough idling. Plus every time I accelerated, the flashing engine light would pop back on, but go off when decelerating, or at a stop. I took it ton the local Pep Boys, as they did the last work I had done (water pump). Their mechanics had just left for the day (yeah... just left) and they couldn't/wouldn't look at it until 7am tomorrow. So I had to leave it. Good thing Oldest son was able to pick me up and get me home.

Once home, I probably did another not so smart thing. I looked up on the internet what could be some possible issues with the flashing check engine light... and I was amazed at the array of issues. From carbon build-up in the cylinders, to mis-firing cylinders, catalytic issues, O2 sensor issues, lose connections in the injectors/wire/plugs, bad plugs, and of course stories about having to remove the heads and .... Now I feel more worried. And I have to take a personal day as I have no way to work tomorrow....

Here's an update with some good .... Boss just called me. He can get me to work, and either get me home, or can catch a ride with the parts driver (my old job). So now I don't have to waste a day not going to work.

Now if I could quit worrying about the car, ease the grief of losing a buddy and a Grandpa, and just chill tonight... that would be great

PeacE

No comments: