Wednesday, July 15

Looking For Some Extra

Oh man, am I feeling a bit whooped. Sunday night found me back home from a four-day whirlwind of traveling and visiting with family/friends back in the Midwest. Straight back into work on Monday morning, and now it is Wednesday, and I am feeling worn out already.

The trip started off on a bad note. I had arrived at the airport about 4 hours early for my flight as it was the easiest ride I could get to there. About an hour before the flight was to depart, it got delayed for 6 hours. Needless to say, that cut into some of the time I had allotted to visit some family in Indianapolis. Friday got on the rode a bit later than I meant to do, but the drive up to Wakarusa to see Grandma & Grandpa was good. They were surprised, not knowing I would be there. The Daughter and SIL made it in Saturday morning. The family get together went well. My buddy from MI came down and we had supper followed with a couple hours of tale swapping. Monday drove down to Frankfort, had lunch with my lil Sissy, stepmom and nephew. The Daughter and SIL followed back to Indy to an Uncle's house, then I had to go to the airport. Missed seeing some I wanted to see, but already talking about another trip possibly next year.

It was a bit depressing to see G&G this year. I know it has been 5 years since my last visit, and in that time they both have gotten older, had bad illnesses/falls. Gramps has a bad cough from pneumonia that he will have to his grave per the doctor. Grams is blind in one eye, and though has gained more mobility, still has problems with some joints/bones from a bad fall she had. Both are slowly losing some of their previous acute mental acuity. Noticed some name mistakes, much pausing in speech to "recollect the thought" and even some going off on a tangent to the convo. But being in their later 80s, it makes sense. Just don't like to think of them getting to the passing away stage of life.

While driving, had hit a few light rain mists, but never hit any rain. Indy got some while I was up north, so missed it all. Come home to possible storms here in Phoenix, but nothing as of yet. The monsoon humidity is up though, and I have been sweating buckets for the past couple of weeks. My biggest worry is if I am drinking enough water to help stay hydrated. Been getting some small muscle cramps every now and then, and I know that is a sign to drink more water.

At least it is Wednesday.... count half the week almost over.


No comments: