Friday, August 21

End of Week

 Friday is here. I am actually feeling decent about the end of the week.

Let's start with the Wife's tire problem. took the tire up Wednesday morning about 10:30, went back around 1 and it still wasn't done. No message/text so went back at 4:30 - still not done, but they had determined it had a sidewall tear/hole so a replacement was needed as they couldn't repair it. Why didn't they call? I have no clue.... So bought a new tire. Being transferred in from another location ( I think I wrote this before?). By 3pm Thursday, I still have not gotten a text/message saying it was done. Again, at 4:30 went up and they had not completed it yet. I explained my dissatisfaction with the assistant manager, and all I got as an excuse is " We are short three people today". I said I understood, but almost two full business days, for a tire that wasn't even being removed/replaced on the vehicle, was left for service, was a bit of bad business. no I did not get a discount. I did not receive future discounts (though I have been a loyal customer for 20+ years)...all I got was "I'm sorry" and waited another 20 minutes before they had it done. At least I have it now.

Picked up some new wiper blades for the middle Son's car, and an A/C charge kit. Headed home. Was going to do the tire thing on the Wife's van, but a thunderstorm moved in (we needed it!) and I wasn't doing that in the lightning. Got up at 5:30am today to do the tire change. Ran my car up ti the garage at 7am. Had the Son drive me back up at 8am when they so I could drop off the key and explain the issues. Before 9am, they called. Was a pressure relief valve in the coolant system, and was only going to cost me around $666 (heavenly number?) to fix, so I okayed it. By 9:30am they called and it was done. I'll end up getting an Uber up there this afternoon (three miles away) as no one else available to give me a ride there.

So, car issues done. Less than 1K spent. Better week than it was looking. Only thing left is to charge the A/C in the Son's car.

PeacE

2 comments:

Rev Mom said...

I know, NOW I tell you... but you should have the paperwork too. The van tires are under warranty at Community, and although you may have had to buy a new tire, they would have charged less than the cost of a new tire because of the insurance. Check the paperwork; I replaced two because of flats and I think I paid $36 or something like that for a new one.

Ralphd00d said...

Too little too late. Had to do what I had to do. And I don't like that place you mentioned.