Monday, August 3

Will Today be the Day?

I think today is the first day in quite awhile I set my alarm to be up early. Most days I get up when the Wife does, but today I wanted to be up and ready a bit earlier. I am hoping to hear back about the "Job" I have been waiting on for the past several months. I figured since the recruiter's email was based out of Texas, I would get up so I would be ready to go at 9am TX time (about 7am my time).  And that is just to hopefully get the email saying that they will be training and assigning my this week, not to necessarily start work today. Yes, I am anxious to get started... even if it is working from home.

The weekend came and went. My brother got pinned for Captain in the US Army Reserves. I didn't make the ceremony due to the drive involved. But I'm happy for him.I know he is working on "retirement" from there.

This is the last week before school starts for my youngest Son. They start next Monday going "virtual". When we did a walk-through registration, he was assigned a Chromebook laptop, for connection for his classes. The past two weeks he had used his tablet mostly for Band Camp, even though there will be no competitions this year. The emphasis was on breathing exercises, and a second session daily for individual groups and working on the music. Teaching classes virtually has to be a daunting task for any teacher, but how much harder is it for say, a band director? Or a teacher that teaches a class more "hands-on, like wood shop - do they actually teach those types of classes anymore? Probably not.....

The Daughter sent some pics and short videos of my Doodad this weekend. Her first time with a "slip n' slide" was one of them and pretty cute. I wish they lived closer and had the ability to visit more, but am happy at least they are where they are - compared to where they lived last. I know I sound like RM in that. I guess it is true that as you go through life, you start realizing the things your parents said/did. Depressing in some ways....

Welp, I am off to finally go check my emails and see if that one I am waiting for arrived. If not, then it will be some Warcraft, with periodic checks of email throughout the day.

PeacE

No comments: