Friday, July 31

What a Week!

When i woke this morning, I was feeling a bit groggy. I stayed up too late reading last night, actually putting the book down finally around 2am. I mean, it was good I was reading, and I was able to fall asleep fairly fast once I tried. So I am sitting there on the edge of the bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, trying to get my mind awake and figuring out what needs to be done today. I'm thinking, 'It is Friday. nothing on my schedule".

I already mentioned the Hawaii Anniversary thing. It really hasn't set in yet, as it is pretty early to make reservations for travel yet. I did start bookmarking some websites that deal with the whole 'things to do' there sites. I think we will probably just end up staying on Oahu. It will help keep expenses down, and for it being a first time there for both of us, there will be plenty to see/do.

Yesterday, was the day the IRS said it was going to finally re-release my economic relief check. As of this morning, it still says " Your check is scheduled to be mailed July 30th..." so have no way of verifying if it ACTUALLY was cut and sent. It's going to be at least 3-5 days if it is coming from the east coast.... maybe less if they sent it from Utah (which is the address where we send in our taxes). All I know is it would be nice to have it soon. We ain't dying, but no employment check on my side since March is definitely make us crunch things more. Not like we can just go out to eat whenever, etc....

Speaking of employment, some more good news. The job I was to start back in March, sent a contact letter yesterday. They have two new contracts starting up here in the next week or so. This has happened 2-3 times during the time period, and each time I had to contact them to let them know that I had not been trained on the software, and with the offices closed, how was that to happen? I never got a reply back. this time, I did send of another query about my lack of training, and actually received a response this time. The are doing training remotely. So I responded to definitely keep me in mind for the upcoming contracts then. hopefully I will hear something early this next week about training, and move into working remotely from home. This job would be great for me... set my own hours M-F 7a-7p time frame - no weekends. Earn PTO at a decent rate. Work from home. Paid weekly. Sigh. Yeah... maybe too good to be true.

So what a week....

PeacE

No comments: