Friday, July 24

The Beginning of the End

Four kids in 19 years (short just about 2 months). The youngest Son (and last in school) started his foray in the world of High School earlier this week. Virtual Band Camp started Monday, and though he has not been able to experience the hot, sweaty days of marching in 100+ temps, carrying his instrument (he is playing the quads in drumline) while learning your position(s) for the marching designs, he is "enjoying" it. Today is Registration, and we actually have to attend in person. The school is issuing Chromebooks for every student, that has all the required software for the virtual schooling that starts the school year. Will it ever go to actual attendance this year, I don't know. He is a Freshman this year. The last four years of early morning band classes, competitions, events, and fund raisers...I'm quite excited!

Other than that, it is Friday, and I am not looking forward to standing around in the heat for his Registration, or the few errands we have to do afterwards. At some point there will be a stop do I can get a large iced sweet tea I am sure.

Earlier this week, I checked in at the IRS website, to check the status of the Economic relief check. An earlier post explained how I had updated my address with them, and also provided the direct deposit information. The updated status said it was to be deposited July 22nd, which came and went with no deposit. I checked the status again yesterday, and now they say it is going to be MAILED on July 30th. WTH?!? All I can figure is, when I put in my bank info, it got slated to release. Before that happened, the system processed the address change, and it changed automatically to be mailed to the new address. Either way, I now have to wait yet another two weeks to hopefully receive it. Maybe another 5 weeks if I don't receive it, in order to report it, again. Government at its finest running of circles...and pissing me off.

Short of a month ago, the Governor closed bars, gyms, and water parks for 30 days. That end-time is set for July 27th. However, yesterday he extended it, included theaters and limiting social gatherings...with no end date. Full closure for an undetermined length of time. Also he expects schools to open on Aug. 17th with physical attendance, though I guess he backed down on that on, and is requiring state health to determine based on data if that should be done. News reports are so contradicting of each other, though they were all at the same release.

Arizona sucks right now.

PeacE

No comments: