Thursday, July 9

Brief Notes

A friend of mine called me up the other day. He asked about when The Wife started showing signs of Covid, what was the progression. I recounted it started with loss of smell, then low-grade fever, followed by a week plus of flu-like symptoms ... this was in her case. He admitted he couldn't smell things. This friend and I have been hanging out off and on during the whole stay at home orders, and had just recently gone out (Sunday) for a couple beers. Also, he had planned a trip back to North Dakota, and was to fly the next day. He was able to find a place to get tested, and let me know yesterday morning the results came back negative for the virus. And since he did not have a fever, he was continuing with his flight plans, and left yesterday. That's good news... though I wonder what else could be wrong if he lost his sense of smell....

Our house still has not received a "stimulus check". I looked into how to report that one was not received, after the IRS says it released one. Minimum 4 week wait until able to report. BUT - if your address changed since the last time you filed taxes, you have to wait 6 weeks. I'm finally at that limit and will be working on that today.

I received an email from the company I was going to work for back in March, when I left the last job. Unfortunately it was not for employment, per se. They are still only doing remote work, so the office doors are still closed. They sent out a link for a questionnaire, and requested updated resumes from everyone that wanted to continue to be working for, or available for working with, this company. It's not a hiring, but at least I get to get my info refreshed and show I am available. It was February last time I sent information in to them.

Today is errand day. Need to go to the bank. Also to Lowe's for a replacement garden hose. We have a metal one, that has been working wonderfully for quite a long time that has finally worn out. Hoping ti find another metal one. They see, to not twist and kink as much as regular hoses. Then I figure I can stop for a drink. Deciding between McDonalds for sweet tea, or QuikTrip to refill my 52 oz cup with a soda or tea. It will be a heat factoring by that point.

PeacE

No comments: