Wednesday, July 29

What a F*ing Surprise

I went out for a couple of beers yesterday. It was about 3 in the afternoon, thought I would have a couple whilst reading on my tablet. Was doing good. About 5'ish I texted my good buddy to let him know I was out having a couple, in case he wanted to join me. He suggested a different place, a little closer to home for both of us, so I said sure.

Next thing I know it is like 4am and I am at home, on the phone with my Daughter in Tucson, who is up with the Doodad at this hour.... I have no idea why... and we are having a great convo.

At just before 8am, I wake the Wife. Yes. Sensitive and yet Dire. As she gets some of the sleepy away, I tell her, "Well, I figured out what I'm getting you for our 30th anniversary."

Mind you, this isn't until like near the end of March next year..

"We're going to Hawaii."

The F*ck? Yeah. I said it. The Daughter and were talking for at least a good two hours, and I brought up the question about what is something I could do that Mom would love for our anniversary. The Daughter said, Mom wants to go to Hawaii at some point. I was like...Oh.

Let me be full open and honest. I have no desire to go to Hawaii. It involves flying OVER WATER. I have no probs flying, unless it is over water. Never knew it until my plane from Phx to San Diego had to go out over the ocean, turn to come back in on the runway that day. I freaked a little. I did not like the idea of flying over water (which has a higher probability of survival than a land crash), No. No. No. Don't wanna.

But I told the Wife that we are going to Hawaii in March, so she had plenty of time to arrange for student training, or time off, plus we had time to plan and book rooms, airfare etc to get the best deal. Flying over water. For hours. I'm going to be so drunk before the plane takes off. just so I will sleep 90% of the trip, if not the whole way (please?????).

Hawaii....
30 years....

Yes. My Wife is worth the hell I'll put myself through.....

PeacE

2 comments:

Rev Mom said...

Get an aisle seat and read your kindle and you won't even notice or think about it. You'll be so high up it's just clouds. I'm excited for you!

Joe said...

We went to Hawaii for our 30th. Stayed on Oahu and had plenty to do the whole week. In fact I wished we stayed an extra day or two.

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village right on Waikiki