Thursday, July 16

Earworm - and Making a Parody



This one is running through my head this morning, only the words have slightly changed. Not in a Weird Al sort of way... but just a bit more PC for me....

Hello 2am you're not my friend
I hate being up this late again

And it goes on, I just can't think of words that rhyme and fit the meter to continue. Obviously it is another one of those nights were sleep is eluding me - again. Last night was good. I went to bed around 10 or so, and slept through until 8 this morning... er, yesterday morning now. No naps today, and I was feeling tired around midnight. The Wife joined me in bed around 1 or so ( I admit I was still awake - reading a new book that just came out). I was... am... tired mentally. I finally gave up on tossing and turning. 

I think I understand how they are going to do this band camp my Son is to "sttebd" for the next couple weeks. Obviously no marching. In his letter yesterday the director mentioned he would send a link for his virtual classroom, and for students to be in a space where they can play their instruments and do some movement. Movement? Clapping heads and swaying shoulders? I dunno. Got another email today from him about instrument check-out. Obviously we don't own a quad set, so I checked out the link that was sent. For Drumline and Pit, the only options are for a drum practice pad, or a mallet practice pad. I know a drum pad is basically a piece of rubber 12" across, with the inner 6" (about) being thicker (about an 1"). It represents playing a snare drum. I am guessing that a mallet pad is a little thicker, as they strike harder than a drumstick. Shrug? I'll talk to the two Sons tomorrow (later today I mean) and we'll figure it out. Need to figure out about what type drumsticks, or mallets will be needed to can pick them up this weekend as well.

Received my mail-in ballot this week for AZ. Guess I should research the candidates and see what crap pie I think is best....

PeacE



No comments: