Wednesday, July 15

Happy Tax Day

Looks like I have an excuse to get out of the house today. The Wife finished up our taxes (state and federal) last night, and wrote the check for one. I get he joy of transporting them to the Post Office, in a timely manner, so they get postmarked today. Too bad the PO is only a mile away... but I will sneak in a trip to QT and get a soda, and maybe a couple dogs while I am there.

The Youngest Son is due to start Band Camp soon. The last of the kids finally reaching high school, and playing in the band. The joke is that we should do a family band with all of us that played instruments. This Son is a percussionist. That means he is not "just" a drum player. He will be playing a variety of percussion instruments. For the marching season, he has selected to play the "quads". Those are the drums that are carried like a snare, but there are 4 of them together. My Son is quite a bit on the skinny side, and I joked yesterday with him about being able to carry them. He feels confident he will be able to do so.

Which brings me back to .... How are they going to do this? I got an email from the director that Band Camp will be a virtual one, meaning online. The Music Associations (ABODA and AzMBA) have cancelled all in-person events which means no competitions. The kids won't be able to march at all due to guidelines from the school system. So it seems that it will come down to the music. How does one truly measure how "together" the band will sound when doing online practice only? I do not know....

Guess that is all today...

PeacE

No comments: