Saturday, July 4

Another Morning....

Welcome to the early hours of Saturday! Once again, I am the boring guy that is here to help you fall asleep with my hum-drum, monotonous, and clearly non-entertaining drivel.

What has happened since that last post that is so exciting? Absolutely nothing.

Let's spice it up. Let's talk politics. If nothing else, it will get you to scroll through this page faster, checking if I actually have anything worthwhile to read.... which you will find I don't. And then you can continue on your way.

Seriously. Politics. I don't like to debate them. I don't like to scream to world about who I think is best, or what party is best, or which is worst. I truly try to understand each candidates' platform, on issues I think that are important, and how I feel about their approach in how to address each issue. I'll be honest. I have never seen anyone please me in all items. That will never happen. I get that. I am not looking for the impossible.... just what I feel could be better.

I can admit freely (because this is America, right?) that I am conservative in many aspects of thinking. Less conservative in others. Downright crazy in a very limited few. I am registered to a "party" but have voted against that party before, and have no fear of doing it again when I feel it is right. Does everyone I vote for win? Of course not, and I have to deal with who does win, regardless that I didn't care for all (or many, or some) of their standpoints. I don't go out bad-mouthing that party if it wasn't mine because "we" lost. I admit, I may copy a meme or several making fun of them.... but, such is Life.

You know we have the Republicans. The Democrats. Sometimes a LibTard (that's what many of my friends call them) and rarely, but a Green Party? Yeah. Green Party. Anyways.... Libertarians. Gotta love the idealism they stand for. I respect. Truly. Then I want to slap them upside the head with REALITY. 

I've had several people I know start posting support for this Jo J. person, for 2020 Lib. candidate lately. I admit, my interest was picqued. These people, that previously have shown to have similar ideas as I do, suddenly supporting this person.... I'll try to be fair. These supportive posts are usually something along the lines of how she wants to abolish the ATF. Less Gov't involvement in Business. Bring American troops home. Stay out of Foreign conflicts. It goes on and on. That's not counting the "gang up" on the Reps and Dems to allow the Lib party to debate live on TV with them.

Hey! Those are things I could agree with, at least to a large degree. So tonight, before putting you to sleep with all this, I went and checked out their website. Here it is: https://joj2020.com/
They do list her standpoints on several issues... at least many of the main ones. But I felt more and more frustrated as I read through them. 

This is my opinion, and I openly admit, I am not into politics. My decisions and opinions are mine, regardless how I come to them. But this website, just made me think, that all Libs want to do is say the thing that the average American person wants: less Gov't, put the People in control of things, reduce deficit, the list goes on. It was like someone was giving my fat butt cheeks a big ol' wet kiss... so sloppy I want to take a shower and use a fire truck hose to clean my buttocks. Now I want to go back to these people I know that are appearing to support this party, and tell them they're crazy .... but I won't. Because, America gives them the right to choose.... even if I think they are wrong... and stupid to be this wrong.

Soooo.... one candidate down off my list to consider this year. Wait! That makes two actually. The old guy that sniffs the hair of little girls and can't seem to remember certain facts that seem important... he made the list first.   

Wow, it's narrowing down pretty quick this year. Wonder how fast November will get here - after how many more horror events to add to Covid, Murder Wasps, Fires, Floods, and Lord knows what else...

Damn scary... all of it.

PeacE

No comments: