Tuesday, June 17

Back to School Blues & other things

Welcome back to what is more often than not becoming the weekly post here at B&B. I really should do better, I know, but the content you readers require is sooo much more important, and when I do nothing, there is nothing to write about.

The Wife and I discussed the whole unemployment thing this past weekend. Rather she discussed and asked questions - I mumbled answers and said no one wants to hire me. No, it really is true that no one really wants to employ me. I either have too much experience, not enough, or they require I have a business degree (I got that one twice). Yeah, a business degree - meaning I got the experience, but they would rather I had a degree to go with it. What's wrong with my diploma from HS?

To bring the story to a shorter conclusion, it looks like I am going to be going back to school. I will be going over to the Community College and getting the fall schedule (if out)) and planning what classes to take. We figured this way I can get a degree, and that will assist in a job, or even learn a new trade. In the meantime, I can sort of play Mr Mom and help get the kids around for school and etc. So that still leaves plenty of time to keep posting here, and might even help add more content since I will be out around different people than the bar regulars.

Happy Late Father's Days to those that deserve them - thanks Freddie for yours!! My day was wonderful! Watched the race, had dinner at Olive Garden, and got what I wanted for the day. Saturday we had been at Lowe's to price some wooden fencing (ours is starting to fall) and the Wife looks at me slyly and says, "Do you see anything you like?"

I said," You got to be kidding. Of course I do."

"Anything you would want for Father's Day?" She asked, digging for an idea of something.

"Nope. Nothing I want at all. I know this trick."

"What trick?", she asks, all innocent-like.

"Duh! The one where you buy me some power tool because I want one, and then all of a sudden - BAM! - 100 honey do's pop up that require just that tool. I don't want any tool for Father's Day." There - I said it out loud and she knows. "What I really want is $35.00 so I can pay off the library fines on the card so I can borrow books from there again. I am spending too much buying the books - even if from the used store."

I got the $35.00 - and picked up 6 books last night.

Okay, I am out of fresh exciting stuff. And Kees, again you were right!! Boobs and beer stuff coming up - and I feel better!!!






PeacE

No comments: