Monday, April 20

Thank Goodness for Budweiser!!

That just makes me sound like a true alcoholic, almost. But I truly am thankful for them in a way. See, this weekend was the Nascar race here in Phoenix (the night race - we have a day race in November as well). I had been trying for two tickets for the oldest son & I to go. Well, the Bud Rep for the bar I go to finally came through late last week with 2 very sweet seats. Needless to say, the son's first race experience was a VERY, VERY good one! A little more on that later....

Friday evening my bro Scotty B married Lisa and the Reverend Mother performed a nice small ceremony. We had to change the location at the last minute almost. I had called the parks dept for the park we were going to have it at, and inquired about their irrigation schedule. Well, I was told never on the weekends, in the picnic areas. Found out Thursday that that is not true. But it still turned out well, as we went to another nicer place, and had it done in a rose garden.

Saturday of course was race day, and JediRalphIV (as he calls himself online) and I were there early before gates opened. We bought our souvenirs (hat & T for him, hat for me) and walked around. Our seats were right between turns 1&2, right where they race to come off pit row. The race was good - no wrecks, only a couple spin outs and 1 blown tire. But the son loved it. The first time thrill of the motors revving, and the atmosphere of being there live. I had a disposable camera with us that he used to take several pictures. I told him to take them as it was his memories to make. We finally made it home a little after 11pm.

Sunday was recovery day mostly for me. My legs and back were hurting good from the exercise of all that walking the day before. In the evening we took Scotty B & Lisa out for dinner with my family then called it a night. They are headed back to NM today. Good news is they are looking to move back to Phx here in June hopefully. Be good to have my bro back close again.

So yeah, it was a pretty busy weekend. Expensive pretty much too. This week I guess I need to fight the urge to go to the bar to save up more money. I have a golf tournament with the StepDad this Saturday, which will be nice. Very warm out - it is supposed to hit 100 by tomorrow.

Pics will hopefully be up later this week of race day. I need to get them developed yet. Working on planning the next big day for the middle son. I am thinking maybe a round of putt putt golf and then watching "X-Men" when it comes out sometime after May 1 - but not sure yet.

Glad y'all stopped by. I got some blog reading to catch up on, so I'll see ya later!

PeacE

No comments: