Sunday, June 6

It is One Of Them Days....

I thought, once the daughter got to graduation, and we released ALL holds on her, that life would slowly get better. She's an adult. She is responsible for her self. All we asked was basic courtesy in staying in our home, as to whether to expect her for dinner, for the night, or was she gone for a couple days, etc.

Simple shit.

The Wife is going APE SHIT!!!! The daughter is fine. I offered to take her out to teach parallell parking, prior to getting her license. We were ok with the agreement. I had thrown in, if she felt ready, after practicing thru the morning, we could do her license road test if she felt ready. Ten seconds later, I have the Wife accusing me of forcing the daughter to do everything about the road test.

Whoa! I wasn't forcing. I said if she felt ready. There are other weeks to do this. I made mention, that the minivan needs cleaned up, especially prior to the road-test. So the daughter went out to clean it, AFTER the Wife starting bitching. So I told the wife to shut the hell up, went outside, told the daughter to not bother, since due to her mother not allowing her, she can't road-test tomorrow.

Now, I have the daughter pissed at both of us, the wife pissed at me. I am still..WTF did I do?

The wife is losing her only daughter to college. I think this is the main problem. I don't know though. Anyone with insight, please HELP!!!!!!

HB, your oldest was your daughter, any help? Life is now cold and bitter, and myself, plus the three boys are walking on tiptoe.

PeacE

3 comments:

Joe said...

You are on target, She is losing control and she is not happy about it. Driving, college, all of it signals her baby ois growing up.

It will pass.

So I am told.

Ralphd00d said...

Good point HB. It helps my sanity!

KeesKennis said...

They are all infants.
The offspring due to their age.
The wife due to her Gender.
I did not say this.
I will fight this.
I was misspoken.
TRUE
Argue as you wish.
TRUE.