Thursday, June 17

Moving Up in the World

I am moving out of the Stone Age, and into the modern world. Today, high-speed internet access will be hooked up at home. No more dial-up connections on our other computer. I know my kids are extremely excited about that. Now the boys and I talk about getting a second WoW account so we can play on both computers at teh same time, and help each other. I haven't gone that far yet, but we will see.

So, since the above is being done, I need to get out today to the store for an ethernet cable, in order to have both computers hooked up. I plan on going through the dvd section over at Fry's Electronics too, and see what movies I like that are now going to be marked down (I hope) and maybe even go ahead and pick up "Avatar".

Sunday is Father's Day, and the family is getting together at Sis' place for steak. The Wife and I discussed it, and there are just too many things we need to get done around the house, and in preparation for our trip, that we felt we could not take the day off to go. I fell sort of bad about that, but sometimes other things have to go first.

The Reverend Mother and Preacher Tom sent me over a copy of the Living Will this morning for me to review, and pretty much accept. Kind of a weird feeling when you know your parents are getting "up in their years", but sort of a bummer when they are doing the right thing and preparing well. Starts to make me wonder when the Wife and I should sit down and start planning for that "IF/WHEN it should happen" event. (sigh). I don't really want to even think about it, but sometimes I guess ya gotta.

Okay. That's all I got for now. I need to get some kill time in on WoW before I head to the store.

PeacE

No comments: