Tuesday, June 8

The Dr. is Done

Since I rolled out of bed about 3:30 this morning, I have had lots of time to catch up on my internet surfing. I started out with my usual stuff, and by the time I was feeling about ready to head back to bed, I see this little jot of info....

Dr. Demento has ended his radio show. We all know who this icon is (inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame last year) famous for his broadcasts of "demented" and often funny songs like " Dead Puppies", "Fish Heads", and many, many more. Weird Al had his career take off thanks to the Dr. Said to say, due to decreasing funds, the show will be taken off the air, except for the Amarillo, TX area this summer. He is doing podcasts though still. I have never been able to figure out my favorite song that played over the years. I always loved "Dead Puppies" and since it has been years since a show was broadcast in AZ, many songs have slipped my mind. I remember a few though, like "Star Trekkin", "Harry had a Wet Dream", "They're Coming to Take ME Away" and a few others.

What was your favorite?

And, as the Dr. would end.... stay Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeemented!!!

PeacE

3 comments:

Sis said...

LOL...They're coming to take me away reminds me of the SIL! (not YOUR wife, of course!)

Ralphd00d said...

What about..."The Telephone Man"?
Hey baby I'm the telephone man. Tell me where to put it.... blah blah blah

Sis said...

oh yeah...forgot about that one! I know all the words! :)