Monday, September 27

Recuperating

Whew! I am worn out. Truth of the matter, is I am just fat and lazy. Oh, and let's not forget out of shape. Yesterday we had traveled down to Tucson as my daughter was having her first Honor Choir concert at the UofA. Actually, in a way, it was nice to get out of the valley, though, there wasn't much change in temperature (a few degrees). Anyhow, the concert was nice, and though I felt we had to walk quite a bit (no more than maybe 4 blocks either way) it was a nice evening. We made it back home just short of midnight.

But being that I am fat, lazy, and out of shape, that walking is making me pay the price today. The legs and back are letting me know that they are not used to that kind of activity, or at least that much of it at one time. So actually, that bit is tolerable. What is really driving me nuts today are my allergies. I just cannot get my nose to quit running - and I am not even going to talk about the constant sneezing. I don't want to take any allergy meds though, because I know then I will require a 3-4 hour nap. The meds always kick me in the ass and knock me out - and they are just over the counter.

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow. She'll be turning 19 this year. I am sure when I take the time to really let that sink in, I will feel a bit old. Anyway, we had taken her down some gifts last night as well. She is coming back up for her HS Homecoming game the 8th, and we are planning to go out to a nice dinner the 9th for her birthday. I even was nice and invited her boyfriend, who I actually do get along with pretty decent. Well, for at least as social as I am.

Well, that is about as far as I can plan for today. I really don't feel like doing much since I am muscle sore. I may just end up watching a couple movies and playing some Warcraft. Then again, I may end up taking some meds and passing out. I downloaded several free e-books to my kindle over the past few days, so I got lots of reading to do as well.

Decisions. Decisions.

PeacE

No comments: