Friday, September 3

Ready for the Weekend!!

Helllloooooooo, Friday! It is a bit early (not quite bright out yet) and it is the regularly considered last day of the work week, heading into a three-day holiday weekend!

Yesterday was a busy day for me. Preacher Tom and I went and watched the early movie of "The Expendables". It was pretty good. Weird seeing some of the action stars from 20 years ago, doing another action film at their age.

Then, later that afternoon, Reverend Mother, PT, my Wife and I all went to the NFL pre-season game of the Redskins vs Cardinals. My Redskins last, but we had a nice evening out. It was a first time trip for the three of them to the new stadium, and my Wife's first-ever NFL game to attend. RM had won tickets for the suite level through a contest at work. I think she said she bought like $30 worth of tickets, hoping to win the football tickets because she knows I am a Redskins fan, and they don't play here that often. She won! It was a nice addition for my birthday!

Today though, I am paying a little back to the piper for the good evening yesterday. Already swallowed some Ibuprofen to help ease the discomfort of back pain, intermixed with leg muscle tenderness, and the acute "Hellos" from forgotten muscles. We had done a fair amount of walking, and I me being out of shape doesn't help any.

So, today, I have nothing really planned. Try to sit still as much as possible so I don't ache. Oh yeah, I gotta call the Jr High and straighten out a bill. Yeah, a bill. Seems the cafeteria has sent home a notice with my son that he has an outstanding balance of $18.00 with the school for lunches. Thing is, he has never ate the school lunch, and has always brought his lunch. So, our guess is some other kid is using his student ID number, or they assigned his # to two students. I get to call and straighten it out. Yee haw.

Okay, enough tine ya have spent here reading today. Go enjoy your weekend!

PeacE

No comments: