Sunday, February 9

Changes Coming Around....

It has been quite while since I posted last. Writing about the same issues and problems going on in my life just seemed to depress me. Plus the fact that nothing changed actively to fix those problems ... just didn't give me any content to write about.

But things have changed now.

Christmas came with us mostly in our newer abode. There are still things we are going through at the old homestead, tat may or may not make it here. But with Christmas, comes Santa, and again I played for my little Doodad (who is about 2 1/2). She loved it this year!

As the time crossed into the New Year, I realized it was going to be like the last two years. Stuck in a job that didn't care about me. I don't recall if I had mentioned that a few months ago I had a discussion with my boss, mainly about how the "job" was slowly breaking me physically, and I was unsure how long I could do the job - the physical portion. That was six months ago. No changes.

Mid-January I made a decision, and on the 30th, I gave the company my Notice of Resignation. I was generous. I gave them my last day as March 4th... so just over a whole month to find me a replacement (which they had not even thought about the last 6 months) and give me time to train them. This past Wednesday, less than week, they have someone in there to train, and now I realize how short of a time I have to teach them all that I do. The partner I work with that started a year ago, is already saying things like" I didn't know we are supposed to do that..." and other similar phrases.

Did I mention the best part? Of this last month there, I have the lst week of February off on vacation. Then back for three days then gone.

Do I have another job? Sort of. I went through a phone interview process with company that does documentation research into data breaches, and similar type instances. I am on a "busy" status until I leave my company, then go "active" until they find an opening for me. There may be times with a few days in-between contracts, but at the higher pay amount, it shouldn't be an issue. More pay, closer to home a bit, able to set my own hours, no physical labor, no answering phones, and did I say MORE PAY?!? I mean, the current company asked if I would let them counter, I said yes, if they start at X dollars more than I make now. Boss said nope no can do. I would have turned it down anyways, even if they paid more.

So, finally, things are looking up. I feel better, about myself, about Life in general. MAybe now there will be more that I notice in life to write about.

PeacE

No comments: