Sunday, November 9

Another Season comes to a Close

This weekend marks the official end of a hectic season around the d00d household, and I am celebrating in secret with untold amounts of joy.

The son had his last football Saturday in nearby Anthem (only 30 minutes north of our home - thank goodness was close). Unfortunately, they lost, but did receive a free T-shirt just for playing. He has only the end of the year party to attend in December to be done with this team. To make the last game even more special for him, he had slightly injured his hand earlier in the game. Kind of a combination of bruise/smash around the thumb and wrist area. By the near start of the 4th quarter, the Wife (a physical therapist) and myself had checked him and he wanted to play more. They were able to get him in a couple more plays before the end of the game, but he never got to complete his total of 10 plays. After the game, I was not right there, but his uncle (one of the coaches) got up into the "main asst coach" and gave him holy hell about it all. I am just happy we are not going to associate with this league any longer.

The football games for the HS have finished as well for my daughter. The last home game was Friday. Saturday she competed in the State Marching festival in (opposite side of the Valley) Chandler. They received an Excellent rating. Marching season has ended pretty much for her, and now will roll over into the concert band season for the remainder of the year. Still have to get up and deliver her for zero hour at 6:30am (sigh).

So that brings in the new season of Thanksgiving (and *shudder*) Christmas. I know the whole Christmas thing is going to be small around here. But we were able to already obtain big gift presents for each of the kids - that much is done and out of the way. Not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving yet. Usually it is at my sister's - but she may not be able to host it this year. The Wife's family usually do something up north in Clarkdale/Cottonwood, but there has not been any news about it yet this year. Who knows, maybe for once we will just do our Tday here at home. Not sure if the Wife likes the idea of having to fix that many dishes, but at least the kids can help her clean up afterwards!

Funny thing after my last post where I mentioned about stocking up on firearms and ammo. I heard last week on the morning NEWS/Talk show that firearm sales had increased over 27% since the election on Tuesday. The majority being automatic firearms because that is the first type the legislation will be passed to restrict the sales of. F'ing idiots. Now I gotta hurry and find a job so I can raise the cash to get my share....

Today the NASCAR race is here in Phoenix - and I was not able to score a couple tickets to take the oldest son to his first race. Not even sure if it will be televised on the regular channels here. I think I am going to head to the pub to watch it. That and to get out of the house.

I think that that is about all I have for today. I am sure I will be back in a day or so with more. I still need to d/l the pics from the camera from Halloween to show ya costumes the kids had. It's hard to get that thing away from the Wife.

PeacE

No comments: