Tuesday, November 4

Going to Hell in a Handbasket

Today is Election Day. I get to spend the whole day doing nothing. I voted 2 weeks ago by early ballot to avoid today. The Wife has to go wait in line. Some places here in the Valley are already 2-4 hours waiting. I gave my Wife the info the news channels were giving everyone: bring water along, wear comfortable shoes, and best times to go. Then I gave her the most important advice - if you vote for Obama, don't bother coming home. Nothing like starting the day with "that look" from the Wife. I did say afterwards I was only kidding - sort of.

This is the last week for the son's football practices. His last game is this Saturday. The daughter has her last home football game Friday, and then State Marching Festival 0n Saturday. Of course, the football game for the son, and the State thing are on complete opposite sides of the Valley. And knowing my luck, be at the same time.

I did my regular run to the library yesterday and was able to find about 9 books that interested me. Should keep me busy for the next couple weeks.

Well, guess that is about it for today. I think I shall head to the pub for some a couple brewskis and lunch today. Y'all have a good one.

PeacE

No comments: