Saturday, November 1

Weekend Update without Kevin Nealon

Ahhhh! It is Saturday evening and I am sitting back to relax for the day. Just the past 24 or so hours seems like it rushed by pretty quick, and I know it wore me out. The Wife and I actually had to take a nap earlier this afternoon (and yes, it was to sleep - not just get away from the kids).

When the Wife gets back from the store in a bit, I'll have to see about getting the Halloween pics from the camera to post one up. Kids had a wonderful time as we stopped at about 4 different church events and they loaded up on the Trunk or Treats. In fact, the last one we stopped at around 8:20 and they just emptied whatever candy they had left in to the buckets as the people wanted to go home. Final figures?
5 - number of total stops (4 churches and Reverend Mother's place)
3 - happy boys for going out
1 - garbage bag (kitchen size) full of candy
1 - lesson to be taught this weekend about the differences of Republicans and Democrats using candy as "money" and Daddy as the "Gov't". (The kids always love taxation equations this way - ha ha)

The daughter had the away football game where instead of uniforms, they were to dress up for Halloween. My daughter went as Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz". I am hoping we have a picture of that on the camera as well, but am not sure. Needless to say, after the fetching of sugar delights, and picking the daughter up, it was near 11 when we got home. I took a trip down to my regular hangout and got to see some interesting costumes. Not too many really stuck out except for one guy that came as the transvestite from Rocky Horror. Shaved his legs and all for the costume. I think he had near $20 hanging from the panties he was wearing as everyone kept slipping them in. I closed shop there and made it home shortly after 2.

Seven came early and we hit the road to head to Chandler across the valley for the football game. They lost. But with it being a "Bowl Game" my son still got a T-shirt that says something about the Youth League that the team was part of. One more week of football, and end of the season party, and it is finally over. Next week we should be closer to home as it is a "home" game. Still about 20 miles away, but close for Valley standards.

Tomorrow is Football and NASCAR. I should get my as out of bed earlier and head to the softball game, but don't know if I will or not. Rather rest up for the drinking afterwards. My Redskins don't play until Monday night, but in the race pool I have Carl Edwards #99 so hopefully he will place int he top three for a cash payout.

Hmmmm, anything else to share at the moment? Oh yeah - if you want to see that new movie "The Happening" with Mark Wahlberg - don't waste your time. I watched it the other day and I thought it was pretty damn stupid. I know, just my opinion - but don't say I didn't warn you. Alrighty then. I am outta here for now.

PeacE

No comments: