Saturday, December 13

Weekend Preview and Pics

Welcome to Saturday morning at the dood's house! It is actually before 10am and things are hopping like crazy already. The Wife is in the kitchen frying up some bacon and other tasties for breakfast, kids are awake and the boys are fighting already. The older son has been in here next to me and awakened my senses of hearing and smelling with a bout of morning flatulence. Nothing gets you awake quicker.... damn kid. Paybacks will be good, let me assure you.

Thursday was the oldest son's 1st concert. It was combined with the 3rd & 4th grade 'choir'. Needless to say, it was a pretty bad show. I know I don't live in a very classy neighborhood, but when I first walked in, I couldn't tell if I was in Mexico, or on the Indian Reservation. Then, of course, no one around me speaks English it seems, and everything that is announced has to be repeated in 14 dialects (exaggeration - but not by much). The end result was after the younger kids were done singing, over half the crowd left, and we white people, began to emerge in the crowd. The son played a duet with another band student, then the band played 3 or 4 songs. Over all they did good. Then we rushed a couple miles up the road to try and catch the daughter's choir concert. We missed the choir, but caught the orchestra. By the time we made it home, I had a headache and excused myself to the pub for the next few hours.

Today, the son's football team is celebrating with the team picnic - at a park across town again. Another half hour drive to get there. I had mentioned in previous posts about how disorganized the league admin and team leaders were... well found out earlier this week they had dis-invited my BIL (who was one of the coaches) plus his son, and his daughter (who cheerlead for the team). They also removed my son from volunteer list of items to bring. So, this morning, the Wife and I are talking about the whole thing. I mentioned I wished it had just rained so we wouldn't have to deal with it, but no - nice and sunny today. We both agree the son should not be penalized for their stupidity and lack of tact/class/intelligence. Plus, the BIL asked that we pick his kids trophies when they pass them out today. Then my Wife surprised me a bit with the following:

Wife: And if they actually want to raise any issues about our attending this event, I'll be sure to make a very large scene for them.

Me: Oh? You will have my back, huh?

Wife: Hell no! I will be in front of you, and it will be you holding me back.

I have never seen her so tempered and show the Momma Bear side before. I was hoping for a few that it might be a Happy Morning (ya know what I mean) but unfortunately that moment passed. I caught my Sis online a bit ago and relayed this to her and she said she would like to see my Wife lay it out for them. Hehehe....

The Wife is good to me. She came home last night with 5 bags of candy corn. The store had them on sale for $.20 each. The kids had absolutely none for Halloween, so the Wife got me some so I would be happy. Just took awhile to get them on sale I guess.

Anything else exciting happening here? Heck, as of right now I have no idea. I am sure I may have some good stuff after the picnic, but who knows. Think I will finish the post for now and continue listening to some Garth, then maybe some Rachmaninoff. Cute picture warning: Here is a new one of my youngest boy. Check out his gnarly surfer hair-do! Here is a mean, fightin' machine!

And here is why everyone loves my lil' d00d!

PeacE

No comments: