Monday, January 19

The Eve of the End of the World

Sounds drastic, doesn't it? Realistically, it is not true, but in theory, I could believe it. After all, Obama is being inaugurated tomorrow. But to get out of that depression mode, let's move on to other things...

SuperBowl - Damn! Surprised the Cardinals made it, but they did. Too bad it wasn't last year when the Bowl was here. I am not big on jumping onto the bandwagon, so I won't be really cheering for The Cards or Steelers. I guess I will be mostly be looking forward to the batch of new commercials to come out. That, and wondering how bad will Bruce sound at the halftime show....

Today has been a quiet mellow Monday here at the house. MLK day. Yee. Haw. Kids were off school, and most people are as well. I still wish the State had not voted to be off today - but there was no other way for us to get the Superbowl in AZ without it.

I spent quite a bit of time at Amazon.com running through what they recommend for my reading based on other purchases, etc. I am trying to create a list of books to be watching for when I go to the library, plus getting reserved for me, or if I decide to purchase some books. A bonus to having my list I can throw the author sites to the faves folder and keep on eye out if there are additional books in the series, or any other new releases. I guess I am finally trying to get organized in this aspect.

Over the weekend we received our coupon for the DTV device. I suppose I should get out this week, or maybe next Saturday and go shopping for it. What's nice is there are a good number of stores close by that are on the list to purchase at.

Here it isn't even the 20th yet, but AZ state has sent out our tax form/book in the mail. I haven't gotten my W-2 from last year yet and probably will not expect it until mid-February. End of January for the Wife's as well I am sure. That's okay - we don't have the Fed forms yet, plus the Wife usually doesn't sit down and figure them all out until April 14th anyways.... well, maybe not he 14th, but it seems that way sometimes.

The Sis hits 40 on Wednesday. I know she is not excited about it, but I am going to get in all the teasing I can. I know she'll be doing the same when I get there in a couple more years. The family will probably get together on Saturday to celebrate her day, plus her son's (which is the week after). Then Saturday evening us Men & Boys will head to Chase Field to watch the Monster Truck Jam.

Welp, I been sitting here at the computer for too many hours now. But I got a lot of surfing done, and went thru a bunch of game discs and whatnot sitting around here. Actually got to throw away quite a few!

I am outta here as the Wife is now home.

PeacE

No comments: