Saturday, January 31

Time for the Super Bowl, or is it Super Blow?

Tomorrow is the "Big Game", at least, many here in the Valley say that phrase. Just because the Cardinals are finally in it. I am not complaining about their victories to get to this 'exalted' position, just sort of tired of hearing about it wherever I go in town. Seems like every commercial, news report, radio announcement, signs at restaurants, etc. Then again, maybe it is just me. More than likely that is the problem.

Either way, tomorrow I think will be spent up at my Sister's place. One of my aunts flew in from Indianapolis on Thursday to visit for a week, and she may be appearing there tomorrow. We had kept her visit in secret for my sister's birthday, and concluded with a surprise party Friday night. I believe this is my sister's favorite aunt.

Since the aunt is in town, I invited the Wife and Daughter to join Aunt, Reverend Mother, Sister, and Niece on a shopping expedition today. We are talking shopping at the malls, everyone getting pedicures, girly-girly convo and cackling and giggling I would not be surprised took place as well. The end result is nice though. The Wife is very happy I included her and that I watched the boys and let her have some "girl time". Plus she has pink toe nails now. The Daughter's are a reddish color.

Actually, the boys and I went to Fry's Electronics and picked up the HD converter box (had that $40 card from the Gov't) and hooked it up to the TV. Damn if we didn't get WAY better reception on regular channels, but picked up about 15 other HD channels. Kewl! Now if I ever get a chance to watch any TV shows considering the Wife and kids have each night planned out for the TV.... sigh. Can't win them all.

Tonight I managed to watch some show about the top 10 SuperBowl commercials ever, blah blah blah. They were able to show a very few seconds of some of the commercials to be shown tomorrow. Obviously they could not show the whole thing, but still.... $3 Million for 30 seconds, and no refunds - is the cost this year for an ad on TV. Are the commercials going to be any good? I am waiting to find out. If I can remember any by the time the game is over. I did leave that bottle of Maker's Mark over at the Sis's place...

Nothing else exciting. Kids seem to have most of their grieving over Spunky done now. I am going to wait and see if they bring up the convo of another pet. Hopefully they won't, but the Wife and have talked a bit just in case. For now we are going to wait on them.

It's getting to be after 10. I need to get my hiney to bed to be sure I am well rested for tomorrow. Good luck to both teams and their fans.

PeacE

No comments: