Monday, January 12

Football, Beer, and Backpain

That right there are three things that I normally do not put together. However, this past weekend, they collided and no amount of aspirin/ibuprofen is helping out. I can imagine y'all trying to figure out the lucky combo as to how it happened, and you'll never get it right. But I am sure you could think of some pretty funny (and for some of you, perverse) antics.

Saturday I spent the afternoon/evening at friend's playing boccie ball, having some drinks, and watching the Cardinals & Carolina game. Of course, being in Phoenix, many Cards fans were there. Heck, since my 'Skins are out, I am rooting for them too. With a bog win and a great time, I went home that night. Sunday I got up and went to the softball game. Then I was a good boy and went back home to take care of a few things. In the afternoon I was getting up from reading in bed, and happened to give a deep cough - just as I was twisting/rising to a sitting position on the side of the bed. The muscle in my side/back area on the right went 'STRAIN' and now I hurt. Between the Flex-All 454 and ibuprofens, I don't feel any better. Any coughing, blowing the nose, stretching or bending hurts. The next few days are going to suck. I already tried to get into my car, and for today it won't be happening.

*sigh*

Anything else exciting? I should get my coupon for the HD converter box thingy this week. Glad to know I ordered it before the shortage came around. I guess when I can get in to the car, I should head out to get the device. Just under 10 days for the Sis to hit 40 and I still haven't thought of a good present.

Okay, I am off to watch some b&w combat movies I got for Christmas.At least sitting down doesn't hurt too much.

PeacE

No comments: