Monday, November 24

Lift, and Twist, and Ouch!

I don't know if that is what really happened, but I am sure it was something close to it. I spent most of the last two days in my chair, at the computer, because doing anything else hurt my back too much. Seems Saturday morning, while emptying the trash from my work truck, I tweaked my lower back. Things were fine until I got home, got down from the cab of the truck, and realized how bad it hurt. The two positions that did not seem to hurt it too bad were sitting, and lying down. So I spent most of Saturday at the computer in my office chair. As long as I didn't shift too much, I was okay. Getting up for a drink, or the bathroom were hell.

Managed to walk into Texas Roadhouse where the family went for dinner that night, and walked out on my own. Went to bed shortly after hoping that a good night's sleep would make me all better the next day. I did wake feeling a little better, though, walking itself still hurt a bit. Again I spent most of the day in front of the computer, playing away at World of Warcraft, especially since I had not played much of the new expansion since it came out.

This morning finds me even a little better. Still getting some twinge pains, but am able to walk, though somewhat slow still. I think I will be able to get to work, though may need to ask for some help if needing to lift some heavier things. The hardest part will be the first part of the day where I am on my feet more. This work week at least gives me a day off on Thursday, so maybe if I don't strain too hard, I can be back to feeling normal in my back next week.

PeacE

No comments: