Monday, May 4

Hunting For Something

The past few days, I feel like I have been hunting for something. Maybe 'hunting' isn't the right word, but maybe some more like 'looking', or 'expecting', or 'anticipating'. Not so much like an anxiety feeling, but just, "something" over the edge of the horizon that Life is going to throw my way, knowing it has got the edge with this change-up, and I am going to whiff it. (Like that? Got a sports analogy in even though there hasn't been any sports on).

Seriously, I do feel that way. The fault is able to be placed so many different ways, that it isn't even worth thinking about. Covid-19. Government trying to control the People. Losses of Rights and Freedoms. Stay at home orders. Closing of businesses. Fake news. Wrongfully labeled deaths. Food from Farmers being dumped/wasted. The Sheeple becoming more and more accepting of Communistic control. There is no end to the crap that's wrong in my eyes today.

If only I could go back to the naivety I had back in the day, when my biggest concerns were if the cute girl in class liked me and what I was going to do that evening once I finished the chores. Yeah, that was a few years ago. I don't question why anyone drinks, that's for sure.

So catch-up: Az Gov. Ducey extends the 'stay-at-home' through May 15th (but left it open to extend farther). Allowed limited retail businesses to re-open, only if they provided curb-side pick up only. Example, a hair salon could re-open, but only to sell product, not services. Plus, the person cannot enter the store and browse through things, unless the store CONFORMED to the government's idea of social distancing. Bars and restaurants still closed unless providing pick-up or delivery service only.

Here's a link to the basic story of a couple businesses that decided May 1st was enough. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2020/05/01/coronavirus-arizona-businesses-defy-doug-ducey-stay-home-order-covid-19/3066898001/

Gov. Ducey basically told the public in his address that if they had a liquor license that they should be prepared to lose it if they defy his "orders" (not laws) and tried to open doors for the public.

Sigh. I get upset that the Gov't is trying to control our rights and freedoms in the "way of safety" when not even a group of medical professionals in the field of study can confirm what is the proper protocol (my opinion). I also am concerned that same said healthcare professionals have no idea how to control this situation, and the "what-if" pops into my mind more lately.

What-if:
- someone in my immediate family gets it?
- someone I know gets it?
-said someone above, dies from it (or dies, and the death is supposedly caused from this - a whole other issue that pisses me off)
-I get it?

I like to think we are prepared if it were to come into our home. I believe we are healthy, and of an age that is good, that should someone in the household is tested positive, it will be fought out. Granted, this would put us in a self-imposed isolation for a time as recommended, regardless if businesses get to open back up or not. Blah, blah blah blah.... When ifs and buts are candy and nuts what a wonderful Christmas we'll have....

This lack of sleep I have been going through the past couple weeks is starting to take its toll  I fear. I ramble on and though even after re-reading, it sounds right about what I want to say... but it probably sounds like some backwoods hick doing a cellphone video to upload to TikTok and Facebook. I don't know. I just know I ain't happy about all this right now. And I am tired.

PeacE

No comments: