Thursday, May 28

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I remember back in the day when the first stay-at-home order came in. It was just as the two youngest boys were starting their Spring Break from school, approximately March 15th. The youngest son had just broken his wrist a couple days before the "break" started (see what I did there?). Well, yesterday that final cast came off, and pins were removed. One could say he is almost back to normal/ Obviously, his left arm is a bit smaller than the right, due to two months of a cast.... but at least it is pretty much all done now. He does have a brief follow up in three weeks, but the doctor said the breaks appear to be healing fine, especially the one they had to re-break and pin. It'll be nice to get him to help out more around the house without using the excuse about the cast.

Other changes... The middle son officially graduated from high school last week. We went and picked up his diploma. I actually had a good laugh at him later that same day. The district had called my cell (automated call) about checking their website for details for summer classes.... and I faked that they were calling that there was an issue with his diploma and they needed it back. The confused look on his face was priceless. Moreso, when I said that means he hasn't graduated and may need to make up some courses over the summer. Either way, he is ready to move on to other things, and I suppose I will allow him a couple weeks free time before starting to push about a job or school.

Speaking of graduations, it has been 10 years since my oldest graduated HS. I don't know who feels older, me or her....

The Reverend Mother is going through many changes right now. The past several weeks (months?) she has decided that they need to down-size their living accommodations. I am saying it this way, because it the best way I understand it all. Now RM and PT have lived within 5 miles of me for years, and at times that was good... other times not so good. Guess it depends if I had to be the one to help with something or whatever. No offense meant Mom! Anyways, the Sis and BIL have been helping them get things fixed around the house, or "spruced" up so there is better appeal. 

This is where I start treading on dangerous grounds.... Because they are "down-sizing" the normal things one accumulates over time has to be gone through, and gotten rid of/distributed/donated - whatever you want to call it. For years I have been telling RM that there isn't anything I could think they have that I would want.... but she still asks. Do you want these old school papers...art projects...watches...certain pictures. I know these items pertain to me more than my siblings, and she wants to be sure they were offered to me prior to making whatever decision (trash). I just get frustrated a little. I have actually said yes to a couple things she has offered up. My siblings seem to have been more anxious and excited about these offerings than I have been. Maybe I just am not materialistic or something. Or maybe there really is some sort of mental disturbance in my head.

Either way, it looks like whenever they do find a place to move to, it will be further away from my place. I'm sure it may be closer somewhat to one of the siblings, but just further from me. Not sure how I feel about that. Just one of those things I've taken for granted I guess. It's big for RM to be doing this... having to go through and decide what to keep or not, the move itself, actual thoughts of not working anymore some time soon (I wish I had that problem sometimes).

I don't know if I'll come back and edit this or not... but there it is for now.

Last change.... looks like Blogger is changing my "dashboard" appearance and functioning. I switched over to the "new" one, and I see how it is supposed better if you were doing this from a phone or tablet. From a desktop not so much... but it is what it is. If I don't like it, I can always return to LiveJournal or some other site I am sure.

PeacE

No comments: