Tuesday, May 5

Taco Tuesday

I feel so much better today. After not sleeping pretty much all Sunday night, I was able to crash early and hard last night. Downfall is I am awake earlier this morning. In some ways that is not a bad thing.

Yesterday was Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you), which makes today May 5th, Cinco De Mayo, and it happens to fall on a Tuesday. Restaurants are still pretty much closed, so my chances for tacos today are slim unless I want to get Taco Hell, or we make our own. Hmmmm... that sounds like an idea. Could go to the store and get the makings. The Wife would love me making dinner rather than her trying to find and idea of what to throw together after work. Either way, it almost sounds like a good segue into tomorrow, May 6th. What is that? Kind of another Star Wars reference... Revenge of the Sith ... or in this case, Revenge of the Tacos depending on how spicy they are....

Our Gov. made a couple announcements yesterday. One, that starting Friday, specifically, hair care centers are able to open as long as they provide social distancing in their waiting areas, and provide other means of protection (masks, etc) to their employees and customers. I thought it was kind of weird that this is a specific one. there may have been more info/types of businesses listed, but this was the ony type in the brief breakdown I read. Second, starting Monday, restaurants and bars may start opening again come Monday, as long as the same protocols are in place, and they serve food. So 'just a a bar' can't open.

Bar owners have been hit pretty hard through this I think. Talking mainly about the places that don't have kitchens... forced to close their doors. Will be one of the last businesses allowed to open due to social mingling. Once they do open, the complaints that customers will have when coming in for service. Drinks aren't served "hard enough". Prices are too high. I admit, I have thought of this. I am a social drinker and enjoy going to the bar to have a few drinks with people I know, ad friends. But during this time, also realized that I have saved more money just buying alcohol at the store and drinking less than normal. As to the drinks not being made "hard enough" for me it never mattered. I drink mine pretty much straight up and don't mess with mixed drinks. I am more likely to complain about the amount poured.

The next couple weeks have some days that are set aside to accomplish things for the middle Son's graduation from high School. This week there is the yearbook pick up from the school. Seniors also get a "yard sign" that announces something like they are a 2020 graduate from "NAME" H.S. They sent out an email yesterday. There will be a drive-up procession line process, and the route through the school area, to avoid social contact. This years students won't be getting many signatures in their yearbooks I guess. Next week is the final return of technology (if used), books, etc. to the school for the year end. The Son actually had a library book that they sent a mailed letter about last week. It was due back in March, but how is one supposed to return it? Plus he will need to return the school provided instrument for Band/Jazz.

Graduation. In a city-area as large as the Valley, you can imagine how many High Schools we have here. how many venues are reserved/scheduled for district graduations. Halls and restaurants are reserved for graduation parties. all gone. I have seen some districts still planning formal ceremonies, delayed to the end of June at certain venues, provided the restrictions have been lifted. The Son's district opted to not do that. Instead, they are providing a "virtual ceremony" online, where the regular speeches will still be done, and the District Representative(s) will read off the names of the graduating students while a picture (I assume senior portrait) is on screen. Obviously with no restriction on the number of people who are able to "attend" anyone around the world could watch. I will not be surprised to see this option listed starting next year, even with an actual ceremony, providing a "televised" viewing link for families. Either that way, it is coming up around the 20th...link to be provided later. Now you know, Reverend Mother, and I will be sure to send you the link as soon as we know it, and the exact date.

And that, concludes today's post.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I've been wondering how we were going to celebrate graduation. Perhaps in June, if the quarantine is lifted, we can take him out for dinner to celebrate.