Monday, January 15

CdaC: Countdown to a Clean Colon (Part II)

 I'm writing this one late the night before, just so RM can catch up on what is going on, and also because I am awake. I have been tired much of the day (not related to eating habits, etc) mostly from the lack of sleep the night prior. So I was in bed by 7'ish this evening, but then awake again around 9:30, and I know it will be at least a couple hours before I should try to sleep again. So, let's move on to the next step for Tuesday.... Edit: I laid back down about 11, but no sleep, so back up at 1am. It's now 4am, and I going to try for at least a 2-3 hour nap....

Three (3) days before your colonoscopy: Begin a light diet. Stop eating all nuts, seeds, popcorn, and red meat. Oh geez, this one is a bad one. No major problem with any of the things to stop eating - except the red meat. I'm going to cheat first thing in the morning though. Edit: I did eat it int he morning...about 2am. I always have to eat something when I take my meds, so I'm finishing off the meatloaf (Edit: Nope. Probably be the mashed potatoes) then I'll stop red meat. I saved the mashed potatoes from the other night, so I would have some soft food (other than Ramen and broth) so that will be lunch. This period is actually covering two (2) days of time, as the next instruction will be for the day prior.

Let's see if I can get through Tuesday....

PeacE

No comments: