Monday, January 22

Whoops!

 Last week I had received an email from the HR department of the Company. Since I was hired back during the 'covid outbreak' back in 2020, they required only pictures of my identification to support the I-9 requirement of employment in the US. Since that time, the Government has changed the ruling to now require employers to verify the identification via physical inspection, or video call. So HR set up a meeting via Teams to verify my SS card and DL, for 9am this morning. I forgot all about it, and ended up waking around 9:30am. Whoops! I did send back a reply, explaining my lack of planning for the time of the meeting, and asked they set up another at their leisure. I see it all as a hassle, but if it let's me work, then get it done.

Nothing special happening today. The weather is cloudy with chances of rain, though it hasn't yet at least around my neighborhood. Supposed to continue into tomorrow as well. Youngest stayed home from school with headaches issues. He is like his mother, and for some reason (the barometric pressure?) they have bad headaches on overcast days. The Wife is prone to migraines, and I would not be surprised if that is an issue for the Youngest as well. The Wife called around 1pm, asking if I would be able/willing to pick up Youngest's girlfriend after her theater practice at school, and run her home. Mind, her mom is a teacher at the HS, and unfortunately was out sick today, so she has no ride home, which is around 10-15 miles from the school. So here in about an hour, the Youngest and I will go pick her up and run her home, fighting some rush hour traffic both ways I am sure. Yee. Haw. If the Wife hadn't asked it as a favor, I probably would not have done it.

No big plans for the week, just waiting for the Company to get me on a project.

PeacE

No comments: