Monday, January 29

Exciting Weekend - Not!

 This past weekend was just *so* exciting. I really didn't do much. Saturday, the Wife and I went and tried a new place out for breakfast. It is over at about 3rd St/Bell and was called Biscuits Cafe. It wasn't terrible. The prices are similar to Ronnie's (my favorite place) and the taste was fine. Staff was good, and luckily we got there shortly after 9am, because when we went to leave about 10, there was a line out the door. From there we did some "errands". We both needed to pick up prescriptions at Walgreen's, then headed west to the Discount grocery we like to shop at. This weekend they were doing a 'liquidation sale" in the parking lot. I strolled down the $2 aisle, and saw the typical "junk" and I found someplace to sit down. The Wife strolled the whole thing (took and hour) and thankfully didn't buy any junk to waste space at home. Maybe a couple Disney books and a small item from the shape of the bag. Then we proceeded to shop in the store (another hour). I was pretty beat by the time we were done and home. I rested for about an hour or so then headed to the VFW. That night the drawing was over $12,200 and no one won, so it rolls again.

Sunday we slept in a bit. Wife went to pick some Yogi's Grill for lunch (rice/meat platters) and I basically spent the afternoon playing around on the computer, or watching movies/shows. Finally into bed around midnight, and slept good. Up at 7am ready to get the day started, except that the Youngest missed his bus, and not sure if the Wife will drop him off on her way to work or if I need to get dressed and take him.

Today I definitely do not have much planned. No contact from the Company, so if something comes in the email today, it won't start before tomorrow (here's hoping). The main thing is to occupy myself so I don't sit here and snack on foods all day. Since the week of the colonoscopy, I'm guessing I'm down 7-10 pounds. I have been trying to force smaller portions, less snacking and more healthier ones if I do have any. Plus, I've cut back on the amount of drinking of alcohol. Didn't say stopped, just limiting myself. I've lost enough weight that my shirts are starting to feel a little bit big on me, and I need to put another hole in the belt, as my shorts like to start falling whenever I am walking or even just standing. Which reminds me I need to call and set up a doctors appointment for March.

Well, the Wife just left for work, and is dropping the Youngest at the school on her way, so no need for me to get dressed just yet (for public that is). I may surf a couple sites and go to bed for a nap.

PeacE

No comments: