Saturday, September 13

Late Saturday - hell, there would be a subtitle, if I knew how

It's Saturday evening, AZ time (which is PDT for those that care). Yes, I spent another 4 hours on the East side of the desert valley watching my son's football team lose AGAIN (38-0) against a team that was supposedly 0-1 (same record as our team). My son though, did play very good offensively - blocked where he needed to, etc., but the rest of the line crumpled and can we say no 1st downs - except on penalties? (sigh)

So an hour later (drive time estimated) I am at home, find out that the daughter needs to interview a couple people my wife knows for an assignment. As the day progresses, they are not home/don't return calls/whatever. And I find out they leave in the morning for NC - meaning my daughter has missed those 2 interviews. So now I need to search for someone that is a "leader" in a religion outside her own (Christianity) and someone that has had to learn English as a 2nd language. That is 2 separate interviews. Now I am contacting anyone I know that is Mormon in the valley, to find out what tabernacle they practice at, the name of the leaders, and then have to call to see if they can spare 30 minutes for an interview with my daughter. PLUS, find someone that has had to learn English as a 2nd language. That one should be easy - except, I would prefer someone that can pretty much speak it well... Damn, ain't that a wonderful thing.

Tomorrow starts the softball season. I am still not happy about having to drop coaching status until the son's football is through. Our team actually has a "bye" the first week, and it is one I could have been there for. They start next week with a double header, but I have the son's football pictures to get done, halfway to BFE from the field we play on.

Sorry, but I ain't got nothing but bitches and gripes tonight - and I have not made it to the bedroom to deal with the wife and the 2 1/2 yr old yet.

There are times when Russian Roulette sounds fun.

Oh, and Smitty, I did NOT shave my armpits, but since you are such the father figure in my, I rejected the idea of trying it. You Dog!

PeacE

No comments: