Wednesday, September 10

A Late, After The Bar Post

Yep. Here we be again. Another night after the 2 1/2 hours of football practice, I decided to visit the bar. Least to say, there was not enough time from when I got there til 2am.

My son, the 10 year old he is, was having a fit when practice was over. He was playing defensive lineman, and had 3 different coaches trying to tell him how to do his job.

"Dad, one would say to do it this way. So on the next play I did it as he told me. Then a different coach said that that way was all wrong. Do it this way. So I did. Then a Third coach would say both of them are wrong, do it this way. I don't know what to do, and they keep yelling at me." I asked, all three yell at you, he said yes.

I am not the first to verbalize, that this "Youth Football League" has bad communications - whether it is with parents, or where games are at, or anything. If I had not already spent the money for him to play, I would pull him. My son is only playing on this team because his cousin, of same age, is playing. And his uncle, is supposedly the defensive line coach - but now it seems we are finding out otherwise. I know, after speaking to the b-i-l last week, he ain't so happy about this league either. Sad part, we have 8 1/2 weeks to go for the money paid already. I reminded my boy of that, and he said, "Dad, how is that supposed to help me?"

What do you say? I told him to suck it up and just do the best you can. If the coaches get on your ass too bad, tell them to come talk to me. I am there every practice, every game, and as far as I am concerned, they are idiots. He smiled at that.

Other than that, it is 4 am, and I think I am ready to head to bed. That late night at the bar, no e-mail answers from the jobs I applied, and life in general. (sigh)

But I did catch up on reading blogs late today!

PeacE

No comments: