Monday, March 9

Oh, the cravings kill ya!

What do ya know, it is Monday again. Yee haw. In some ways, I am glad this week has gotten underway though. For reasons like, I need to get my car to the garage. Seems the serpentine belt has loosened somehow ( I think idler pulley broke) and there is a racket coming from the engine. Plus a few other problems. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it there this morning since my daughter was running late to school. So today I get to sit at home carless, unable to get anywhere short of taxis or bus.

Saturday night I went over to a friend's house for poker. I almost made money and ended up in 4th place. Had a great time as usual over there. The Wife went to the final performance for my daughter's play.

I spent part of the weekend at the mother in law's trying to get her HD converter box hooked up. "Take me 15 minutes" I told her. What she didn't tell me was she had bought a new DVD/VCR player and it didn't have the coaxial cable inlet/outlets, and her TV only had coaxial. SO had to wait til Sunday afternoon to get a RF connector for her. Then 15 minutes later it was done. She is really happy to have gotten it put in as Dad didn't want to begin messing with the connections.

What else is exciting and new? Oh, I am trying to quit smoking (again). The Wife had been at the store last week and in the clearance bin had found a package of Nicorette Gum, marked down from 22.95 to 2.49 so she bought it. Fifty pieces of gum in package. Instructions say to chew 9 per day for the first 6 weeks, then decrease the amount for a total of 12 weeks. So per instructions I have enough for a little of 5 days. Ha! I'll just chew one when I feel the urge to smoke, which is less than 9 times a day, unless I am out drinking. So I started Saturday. That night, I had the weirdest dream I can ever remember having. I was able to wake and grab pen and paper for the majority of the details, and am working on getting it into story form. I may share it once I am done.

I figured it was a combination of the whiskey I was drinking and maybe the gum. I wasn't sure.

Then Sunday night, again, I had two more weird-ass dreams. These I didn't pen down, but I mean, just as crazy as the one the previous night. But Sunday I had no whiskey, and no gum.

So now I wonder where are these damn dreams coming from? Nothing matches any movie I had watched over the weekend.... freakin' weird!!

Okay, that is all I got for a Monday morning before 8am. I am off to search for cheap tickets again.

Here's a pick off the youngest and his bday cake.
PeacE

No comments: