Monday, April 19

BofA Mortgage sucks ass!!!

I am livid right now. So mad, I had to retype half this just to spell it right because I am pounding on the keyboard too damn hard.

We bought our house 10 years ago. First time home buyers, yadda yadda yadda... The Note was sold from the original mortgage company to Countrywide. No big deal. That's how the business works. I know. I did it for 8+ years (note I also had another 4 years Real Estate before that). During that time, anytime we had issues, or problems, customer service at Countrywide was helpful, courteous... did what it took to help us a customer, and still run their business. As I recall, I never had a complaint.

Then that big economic shift hit... Countrywide was bought out by Bank of 'fuck you in the ass' America. Now, having worked in the industry, BofA was what our office considered a "shitty" company to do loans with for our customers, as their rates were higher than most, and loan expenses were almost twice what any other company charged. As a business customer, there loan department lacked in service even. That was 3+ years ago.

Now they hold the Note to my home. I have been dealing with them the past week and a half regarding our March payment. They call our house, my cell, the Wife's cell. They introduce themselves as something other than BofA (called BAC Home Loan Servicing - like I know who that would be off the top of my head) and immediately start asking for our social security number and account number to verify they are talking to the right person. Now, I don't know about you, but if I get a cell call and suddenly am asked these questions, I am like - No way am I giving you that info. I don;t know who you are... or why you are calling. The second time, I asked for a call back number (which I reluctantly got after arguing for 2 minutes I would give him any of my info).

Like I said, off to a great start with service.

So week and a half ago, I called back after the 2nd call to my cell. I had a previous coupon so now I knew who BAC was, had pen and paper ready. No, could not transfer me to the person I spoke with before, even though I had an extension. But they could help me. It was after April first and they had not received a payment for March.

What? It was sent, plus the penalty (not in by the 15th) and it also included the regular April payment. What do you mean you don't have it? Needless to say after an hour of multiple phone calls, they had all the payment info, when it was sent, etc. Need to wait til the check clears (at the time it still hadn't cleared) and call back to the payment research dept. Ok, fine.

They called the Wife last week early on, she went through the whole spiel with them again, as it still was not showing cleared in the bank. They said wait 1 week, if not cleared we would need to stop payment, etc. She was told that we would not be penalized if it cleared before that, due to when we sent it, and that it included the late fees, etc. At least, that is what they "told" my Wife, who relayed it to me.

Check cleared last week. I called today to follow up on it all, make sure that we were not going to be dinged on the credit report for a 30 day late (we weren't over 30 days). First person I talk to says yes, payment here, but fr the issue I need to discuss I need to talk to Customer Service, and had me transferred. I am thinking this is going downhill fast already. Customer Service is an oxymoron at this company. Hell, I have talked to at least 4 or 5 different people over this already, all with accents barely understandable to pass for English. And it is like you can tell they are reading from a card. Sigh.

Customer Service (CS) gets online, I let them know to read through past notes they should have of this situation, our calls, their responses. I wait a few minutes. CS comes back and asks how they can help. I explained that we were told no penalties, as it was beyond us that the payment was not processed until mid-April. NOW, I am told it is our fault. Check was dated 3/24, but evidently we didn't mail it til we were contacted by them. I told them they were lying. It was postmarked 3/25 on the envelope. Well, not their fault it was not received until last week. I explained my Wife was told there would be no penalties, due to their untimeliness in processing the payment, and it must have sat in their offices somewhere for two weeks. I can find no other explanation, other than the US Postal Service delayed it (yet another possibility that does not help).

Now I am getting angry. Again I tell them "You told us. Check your notes." Oh, there are no notes of that. SO you lied to me, and my wife, saying you were noting everything, then didn't, gave us false intentions opn your part? Oh no, we have no record of that. Then they had the balls to ask if I had a recorded conversation of this supposed conversation. Now, why would they ask that, unless they know it happens?


CS starts to go on that it was our problem it was not processed in time (I am fuming now) and to prevent future "misunderstandings" when we are late we should overnight the monies instead to "ensure it is received in a timely, recorded manner". I am beyond calm now. I exhaled loudly into the phone (because I hate people doing that to me) and told her that BofA was a fucked up, politician ran institution of ass-reaping mongols, that refused to work with a regular person in these economic times. She could take her god damn accent and out of country service center and could cram it all down her throat, which in your language means up your ass, because that is where your head is for working with this company, cunt. Of course, I was yelling by the time I got to the end of that tirade. I stopped, mainly to think of what else I could say, and I hear a gasp, then CS starts in with"Sir, your language is inappropriate-" Inappropriate? Hell, I am lucky I can barely understand you!! Can you understand you and your company can go to hell?! and my fingers punches END on my phone.

Yeah, no hope for any "customer service" help now in the future. Wait until I tell the Wife what happened. She'll agree with me, but not what I said.

So, now I gotta wait 12 months, or longer, to have the credit report clear enough to refinance to get away from this fucked up BofA. Ralphd00d, screwed again, and no glory of them giving a reach-around.

Sigh. This on top of the rest of my life. Sigh. Reverend Mother would be saying about now, d00d, count your blessings, right? I got a house, vehicles (free and clear), healthy family, place to live, food on the table. Living in a country without war right outside my door, or in a third-world country. Yeah, lots of things taken for granted. Sigh.

I am calmed down, somewhat now. Still want to just take some big, explosive weapons and go to BofA and blast the shit outta them though.

Instead, I may go for some beer today. Early. Things will get better.

PeacE

1 comment:

cmblake6 said...

USAA if you can get it.