Thursday, April 22

The Time Is Near

My daughter has received her graduation announcements. As before, when she ordered them, she has no clue what to do with them. We tried to explain you want to send them to family and friends to help celebrate your graduation. She has no clue who to send them to, so the wife and I made a list.

The list is good. Has a good mix of family, family friends, and friends. Only problem, with this day and age especially, is - you guessed it - no physical mailing address for most on the list.

So much, well, actually all, my correspondence is through email or services such as Facebook or Myspace. I can't remember the last time I sat down and physically wrote a letter, put it in an envelope, stamped (how much is one nowadays?) and sent a regular letter. I am thinking.... 15 years or more? No, maybe within the past 4 years, if I include work related stuff. Though I may not have stamped it, and the company did the meter mail thing.

Either way, I have 'electronically' contacted those friends and family on the list that I could, and requested their addresses. I included an invitation to the dinner party following the ceremony, though I have not told the Wife about it yet, and now we are going to do it. But easier than having a party in the home. I know she will agree. Unfortunately, so much family lives far enough away, that they won't be able to attend. I know, you are saying there are pros and cons to that. And I can figure out most of them, but still....

I know I am not writing addresses on envelopes. I may be the one who runs to the post office, buys the stamps, and sticks them on them, but I am not doing the writing. Thank goodness you don't have to lick the damn stamps anymore either.

Okay, I am outta here! Friend has invited me up to the pub for breakfast and some beer and I am thinking it sounds good. Besides, I gotta get some more smokes too.

PeacE

1 comment:

Freddie said...

Stamps are .44 now!