Saturday, April 24

Signs of Getting Older

I knew I was "getting older" the more I get teased about the grey in my hair and beard. I've accepted that, and explained it off as "stress" from raising children. Then it started coming from seeing kids I used to babysit, now old enough to be drinking, etc. Then the "You are HOW old?" looks you get from people.

Today, I got notification of my 20 year HS reunion. Yeah, another notch in the age ticket. Well, I was expecting it sooner or later this year. So I went to this handy-dandy website to do the questionnaire and to register for the event. Questionnaire was pretty simple, til I got to the question: What have you been up to lately?

What do I say to that? I see they are doing a Memory Book - and not sure if I want mine to read "Been unemployed for 2 years now, and waste my time trying to make sense of my life, write in a blog, and try not to drink so much." Well, it is the truth, though it doesn't sound so great when I type it out. So I left it blank. Those that need to know can ask.

Then I saw how this site makes its money. For a "full" reunion package, it is like $98 - you get a Memory Book, and a class photograph. Which each individually costs $25 or less. No specifics on what else is included. Weird.

On to other stuff. I am spending today reading about Prop 100 (for AZ). There has been alot of controversy on this issue in AZ as it deals with school funding, and public Safety funding through an increase of the state sales tax. I have heard many different things from different people (all with their own opinion) so am reading the actual pamphlet today. Be a long boring afternoon I am sure.

Sis - to answer your comment, no, I did not get a video of the son playing piano. I still am not sure how to do video on my camera, and it was so short, no time to figure it out. I am sure he would play again just for you if around a piano keyboard sometime.

Okay, off to get some other stuff done so I can go read.

PeacE

No comments: