Tuesday, December 16

MFFF! I'm Full!

This morning I went and got my Christmas bonus from work. Basically, it was the Boss treating the West Side technicians to breakfast at a restaurant called, aptly, "The Place". I have had breakfast there before with PT, so was prepared for the portion-sizing they serve - which is humongous! I settled for what I thought would be a bit smaller, a chorizo omelet with hash browns and biscuits & gravy. I ate it all, but I will not be hungry until late today I am sure. For a Christmas bonus, it'll have to do. Last year we received $25 gift cards for Fry's Food stores. This year is breakfast for the West Side, and Thursday, they are ordering in Olive Garden for lunch for the East Side techs and our shop. The Bossman said I could do both, but I think I will be skipping the lunch.

I finished up nearly all my shopping I had in mind for the season. There is one other gift I know the Wife and I want to go see about, which will probably happen this weekend. I have to wrap anything, but at least I think I am done, aside from waiting for the delivery of a couple items I ordered online. I seriously doubt the Wife is done. She is one of the world's greatest procrastinators.

While out shopping last Saturday, I ran by Verizon. My bluetooth earpiece had lost the rubber cap piece - the one that goes on the part that goes into your ear. I was surprised they do not carry replacements. I would have to purchase a whole new earpiece, or the other option the rep said was to contact the manufacturer of the device. Really? As we were leaving though, he stepped outside and mentioned to check Radio Shack, as they sometimes carry the extra pieces. Instead, I went home and searched for the replacement pieces that came with it, and took a razor blade to one of the other pieces, that had extra thingies (I don't know what they are called) on it, supposedly to hold it in your ear. I use an ear clip so don't need them. Needless to say, it works.

Welp, I got some time before I need to go to work. I should spend some time int he reading room, so it won't bother me when I am rushing to get my drive done this evening.

PeacE

2 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

we have a bluetooth you can have that we had bought a couple phones ago. Don't know if it will work with yours - but if you want it as a back up - you are welcome to it.

Ralphd00d said...

Naw. I fixed it.