Wednesday, December 5

Gimpin' along

I still hurt. I am not going to the gym tonight either. I figure one more day of rest for the back will do it wonders. At least the legs don't hurt today, but that lower back - I barely move in a wrong direction and it flares up nicely. Ibuprofen just ain't cutting it. I think I have some Jack at home for after work. I hope it will be enough.

It's December - that wonderful month of retail sale explosions and having last minute rushes to the local corner mart for a last minute present. Sister Susie always wanted a garlic hand press. Dad always like a 5 lb bag of potatoes. Mom really loves the arrangement of Hamburger Helper mixes you picked out! But really, it is a time of parties, of getting together with friends and family, and sometimes mass murders. This year I have been blessed to be invited to a friend's home for a Christmas party, and I always look forward to this one. I guess I have been lucky and it is the only one I have been invited to this year. Maybe last year I had too much eggnog at the other ones - I dunno.

I did notice this is the first year we are not having a company Christmas dinner. Talk about finances being tight!

I was listening tot he talk radio show here in the valley (KTAR) yesterday afternoon, and the talk was about the government getting involved in the mortgage/housing industry. Some thing to the effect it is the largest decline in the industry over the last 20 years. Which is a worthless comment. Sure it is the largest because more homes are out there. But it was mentioned that the Gov't may freeze the interest rate in order for - here is the quote form the radio - "the financially responsible people to assist them in preventing their homes from going into foreclosure". WTF? I consider myself financially responsible and my house is not in Foreclosure. If they are supposed to be responsible people, should they not be in that position in the first place? ::shakes head:: Sometimes it just appals me to hear shit like this. Just what I need is the gov't butting into my line of work and screwing things up. Yeah, yeah, I know - welcome to the real world.

Enough of that off my chest. I am headed out for a smoke break. Y'all have a good one.

PeacE

No comments: