Thursday, December 27

Short on time for reflections

It's that time of year again, where everyone starts to reflect on the past year and start making decisions about what was best, what was worst, and what resolutions they are going to stick to next year. Radio stations will do their year's best countdown; bloggers will have lists of greats and bads; their be lists all over the place. Frankly I don't give a damn. And no, I am not doing a list for you either.

Resolutions are nothing more than excuse makers. People make them, then break them just as fast. I will grant though, that some people can actually stick to theirs, but I would say a majority don't. Me? I am simple about it. I don't make them. I can say I am going to quit smoking - then I'll remember I made that resolution as I am halfway through my morning cigarette on the 1st. I just don't waste my time. If I am going to resolve anything, might as well start now rather than next week.

I do sit back and reflect on things that happened this past year. If I don't, I forget things that are important like: the Daughter's 16th birthday and getting her learner's permit. But I also think of some of the bad things that happened: The youngest son & I both having pneumonia, but got better quickly. Of course there are the other general things I think about too: trips to Mexico and San Diego, miscellaneous fun times with the family. Oh well. I will have to sit down and do more of this later....

So with New Years approaching, does anyone have exciting plans? Since I am a professional drinker, I am not driving anywhere. Let the Wife do that. Figure we will hear/read about the amateurs and how many accidents/tickets/arrests were made the previous night. Sheriff Joe is good about posting his numbers, the fat bastard.

Okay, I am out of here. The stomach is rumbling for it's mid day meal. Think I will head to Subway today, instead of salad. The Wife picked up some 'Cajun Tuna' and 'Honey BBQ Salmon' in ready to eat servings for me. I am almost scared to try them. Yeah, a sub today I think. Y'all be back tomorrow for some more drivel.

PeacE

No comments: