Monday, December 17

Only thing left is wrapping the damn things!

That's how close to being ready for Christmas I am as of this point. I was able to take the boys out and finish up Sunday afternoon. Man, the crowds were just terrible! I am so glad I am done. I checked with the Wife, and she has yet to finish up some shopping. The kids are done as well. Now I just need to wrap, and deliver. I sure hope I have Monday off next week. It would be a good time for me to get that done, plus help the Wife finish up her wrapping since she will have to work.

Saturday was a good day of golf! Only shot a +5, and landed 4th place Net Score. That was worth a $25 certificate for the golf course. My step dad and I will have to get out and play again sometime. Was nice weather and I had 2 birdies (really good for me!). I spent the rest of the day at the pub, and won an auction for the karaoke host that night. We are going to get together for drinks later this week - the pub gives him $$ for dinner, but I said screw that. I ain't going out to eat with him - we'd do drinks somewhere.

Sunday I slept in. I never made it to the Church of Holy softball and Beer, nor my steak breakfast. Nor my friend's house for a birthday party. I did good to get the shopping done, and went tot he Christmas play my two older boys were in that evening. Of course, they were wonderful in it. The older one even had a big speaking part (his first) and a solo. Afterwords, we took my parents out for supper, and home to bed I went.

My youngest woke up about 3'ish this morning screaming his head off. Couldn't tell if he was hurt, or scared or uncomfortable about anything. Took the Wife about an hour to get him to where we all could go back to sleep. The Daughter gets up this morning, coughing phlegm - so we told her she wasn't going to school. She was ticked. Imagine that - a kid WANTING to go to school. She has finals Tues - Thurs this week. At least she can stay home today and try to get some rest to feel better.

Not much else to really talk about right now. I think I am headed to the pub tonight for steak dinner and the football game. Looking forward to Chicago winning, but I doubt it will happen.

PeacE

No comments: