Thursday, December 20

Only 4 days left for you last minute people!!

Christmas is almost here. Duh! you say to me. As if you didn't know it. The Wife still has some shopping to finish. Inside I laugh at her, and try not to smile outwardly. As I have said several times before, I am not a Christmas type of person. I really don't care for the holiday - though I love the looks of joy on my kids faces (and nieces/nephews) when they open gifts. Reminds me of that mysterious anxiety I felt as a kid opening gifts. That twinkle in their eyes, and the hugs and thank yous - just gets ya right there ::taps chest:: Getting back on track about not liking the holiday, but this year, I actually am feeling a bit different. Maybe because I finally have matured (yeah right) or gained clearer understanding (ha ha) that I am getting more in the 'spirit' than I usually do. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...

Good lunch today. I went to Subway and cheated a bit on my diet. I had a 6 inch Roast Beef with double meat, a diet coke, and a bag of salt & vinegar chips. Where did I cheat? I ate the bread, and ate the chips. Oh well. I will be joining a new gym here over the holidays. The one I was attending is just far enough to be simply inconvenient travel-wise. The new one my step dad attends, and is way closer to home. And the monthly fee is cheaper.

Only one more day of work left and then I head into a 4 day weekend. I snicker at the Wife as she has to work Monday. I suppose I am going to be the good hubby by spending Monday wrapping the presents for everyone - well, maybe. I guess that means over the weekend she is going to have to put tags on the items so I know who gets what. But I'll have the kids at home to help out as well. I am actually surprised they don't have the tree up yet. They must be planning on doing it this weekend.

Welp, I am out of here for now. I have a book to read until something comes across my desk. Y'all have a good rest of the day and I will see ya tomorrow!

PeacE

No comments: