Tuesday, December 11

Hurry! Time is running out!


It has been due for awhile. I mean, last year was bad enough, but this year, I have been waiting for it to hit, and I think it has started. Yes, we are talking about Bad Luck, and it has been amassing in my name for most of this year. I guess now with only three weeks left in the year, it is time to collect.

I wake up this morning feeling feverish with a runny nose. I don't need to be sick right now. I just got over that cold about a two weeks ago. I run my daughter to early band practice, and return home for my additional hour plus sleep. I wake up and I am running 10 minutes behind already (had to have that extra snooze). Cruise to work, stop at the gas station 4 blocks from the office for some milk and tea. Now the car doesn't start. No click - no grind - power to everything else. I get out and do the regular thing - check connections to be sure tight, etc. Still nothing. I call work - not going to be in as I need to get this fixed and have no idea what's wrong. Call the FIL to see if he can assist. He can. I wait a few minutes and try again - car starts. Called FIL back so he doesn't waste time driving over. I drive to local car fix it place. They would need me to leave my car there all day and wait for the incident to happen again to determine what it is. No can do. Back across town to work - and hour late, without the milk (left it at home so it wouldn't spoil). Everyone at work has a different idea of what is wrong with my car - but I know the truth. It's my 2007 Bad Luck payoff. I know it is. So now I wait until something happens to the car again, and hope I am not in the middle of nowhere at 2AM.

Tonight is Poker night. I wonder if I should waste time going for my bad luck?

Damn I sound negative today. In that case, I am out of here until I feel better.

PeacE

No comments: