Wednesday, December 26

One down, and One to go

Christmas is over, mostly, for my year. I say mostly since I have a couple presents that are still needing to be delivered to a couple friends. The shipping didn't make it here in time for one, and the other is out of town prior to the holiday. No biggee.

I hope you all had great times over this past weekend. I spent Saturday with the kids whilst the Wife finished shopping. The kids finally put the tree up that night. Sunday I spent the afternoon out with friends, then went to another friend's place to watch my Redskins beat Minnesota (YES!). Now if they can only beat Dallas next week - in Dallas. I would like to make the wild card slot. Monday I spent again with the kids as the Wife had to work. We spent most of the day wrapping gifts and getting things ready for Christmas day. That evening I went out so the Wife could finish what we didn't wrap, and I was ready for a drink.

Christmas dawned early after not getting to bed until late. The kids I think, had their best Christmas with the gifts we got them. The youngest son, this was basically his first Christmas where he could interact better, and he did a wonderful job opening his gifts. Next we went to my parents and exchanged gifts then munched on goodies until my brothers family showed up and did it again. My brother was lucky to be home. He had spent the previous 2 weeks in Germany for his two week maneuvers, and made the last flight out of O'Hare on the 22nd to be home in time. After that we spent lunch at my in-laws, and again exchanged presents. Lastly we ended up at my sister's, where my parents and brother's clan ended up as well. The ladies all ended playing that dance revolution-type game on PlayStation most of the evening. We made it home about 7:30ish - the Wife and I both extremely tired. I was in bed by 9 and asleep by 9:00:10 I think. Sure felt like it anyways.

So, one holiday down and one to go for the season. At least for the next one, I ain't driving. I leave that up to the Wife, since she doesn't drink. I figure we will be spending it at my sister's, and end up drinking and playing poker for the evening. Will be a fun night for us and all the kids will be playing good as well.

Work started off slow today. I get in and the is no phone, email, or Internet available. Plus I forgot my cell phone, so I can't even use that to make calls. I basically got to sit here for about 2 hours before they got things fixed. Now I am still all caught up and wishing time would speed up. Three hours to go. ::sigh::

Okay, I am outta here for now. Thanks for stopping by!

PeacE

No comments: