Monday, December 7

Only 3 weeks left? That's enough time?

Editor's note: I didn't realize the date today, until I posted this. A moment of remembrance for WWII vets and the bombing of Pearl Harbor Dec. 7, 1941.

Man, I dislike shopping for other people. Especially when they have given you no clue as a specific thing to get. 'Find something they like', or 'Anything a (particular) color'. C'mon! Give me something!!! He wants a '95 Corolla with a 4 speed manual, AC and wants it in green. Okay! Have it tomorrow!! Not that I am buying people cars mind you.... was just the example that popped in my head. Maybe I should use like a specific Movie title, or music group CD. Either way ...

Shopping. Oh, let me add, this subject gets worse for me when it comes to shopping for a woman. Woman, wife, mom, aunt, daughter, niece, whatever - female. You would like something? Go there, take a photo of it. Most people have digital cameras, so it shouldn't be too hard. Take a photo, and email it to me with the details - where ya saw it, how much, etc. Then guess what? You'll get it!!

Yeah, takes the whole "surprise" thing out of receiving a gift, doesn't it? I don't care. I'm not giving you a gift to surprise you. If I were doing that, I wouldn't have asked what you wanted, or for gift ideas for you. I would have picked up that ultra-large, orange-fluorescent colored sex toy, and had you open it in front of your parents, or something. You want surprises? Heh.

Okay, so shopping vaguely for someone, and females. Yeah, shopping sucks.

What I *truly* hate, and I use that word (HATE) with the full definition of it, is Christmas shopping. Oh, society had to go and not only make it another commercialized holiday where you are "supposed" to spend money to make everyone you love happy, they made it mandatory (almost completely mandatory) to go vaguely searching for a gift that a particular person, male or female, would appreciate. You throw in the time limit that is continuously announced everyday as a huge count-down. As if not getting all the gifts and stuff would be the destruction of the world if I had to give them out AFTER the 25th. Then you throw in, seemingly, my whole list of pet peeves and major dislikes in the world:

Crowds: I just cannot tolerate them. I dislike having to narrowly avoid touching, or invading the personal space, of every individual in the five state area, who are ALL shopping in the Kmart that is 22,000 square feet. I dislike them doing the same to me. Oh, and the people... this leads into....

Stupid People: These are the ones that you just wanna shoot to clear out someones' gene pool. I mean, you make eye contact, they see you with arms full of sacks, etc, and they had just walked in a door. They let it shut in your face. They do the "brush-by" into your personal space and make you loose balance with everything. They pay no attention to limits of items in lines. They pay no attention to mall parking lot signs, or hell, regular traffic signs for that matter. They keep harassing the only check-out clerk about the item they had on sale in the paper that is out of stock, and the cashier has referred them to the manager 15 times, but they want her to take care of the problem. Oh my... I could go on forever in this category.

Sales: I just shake my head at this one. I never leave the house on what they call "Black Friday". Mostly because of the people listed above, and the traffic thing. But I think most of the sales out there are pure crap. Mark them down a few bucks, make it look like a lot...someone will buy it. Definitely one of the people listed above. Now we got this "Cyber Monday" thing I heard about on the radio.... WTF? Doing the shopping online to replace the "hassle" of going out in public? Sounds great to me!! But, the count-down timer has gone too fast and there is no time to ship before the needed date. Just fucking fabulous.

I am all worked up now. I can feel my heartbeat has increased; some sweat has begun to form on my brow; and my stomach has started a rhythmic beat of pain that matches the heartbeat. Okay, I was just adding the part about my stomach, but still, you understand what I mean.

So I spew all this shit out that pisses me off about shopping and Christmas, and having the both collide into something people call Christmas shopping.... can you guess what I am going to be doing today and tomorrow?

Understand how I feel now? How I will feel tomorrow night? Tomorrow night if I am not done with it all?

(Sigh) (deep breath)

Did I mention, that tomorrow is my Wife's birthday as well, and no one had bothered to tell me until yesterday, "Dad, we didn't get Mom anything for her birthday". Now I got to find something, for a female, for a birthday, from the kids, and then for Christmas, and for the rest of family members....

I ain't going to be writing for a couple days, unless by some act of Reverend Mother's, her prayers work and I bless God for making it easy for me one year. I'll probably go to hell for that comment....

See ya in a few days. I might have some sanity (and hopefully money) left.

PeacE

No comments: